Photo Albums
 Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820725
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Deer Hunting in PA ??
Big Game Hunting topics that dont fit other categories
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Big Game Hunting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dimitri

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Deer Hunting in PA ?? Reply with quote

Every year at the hunting and fishing show in the spring Pennsylvania must have the largest both in the places to go hunt and fish with the guides and provincial/state groups promoting their area.

Anyways I was wondering what type of regulations does PA have for deer hunting, license fees etc ??

It just might be my first out of province hunt maybe next year when I have some vacation time. Seems like a nice place according to the brochours.

Dimitri

Deleted_User_2665

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Deer Hunting in PA ?? Reply with quote

They'll sell you a license as fast as you can haul out the cash.....

Findin' a deer to fill it?

Fugetaboutit..................................
Dimitri

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Deer Hunting in PA ?? Reply with quote

Not easy to find deer to shoot over there ?? Confused

Dimitri

shrpshtrjoe
Super Red Neck Member
Super Red Neck Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Deer Hunting in PA ?? Reply with quote

Howdy Dimitri. The license is about $101.00 for out of state and more for a archery/muzzleloader stamp. I use to hunt alot in PA. Some of the south central counties (imo) are the better deer counties, Bedford , Fulton, Huntington counties I have had the best luck in Bedford co the breeze wood area. Use to hunt in potter years ago I think the last time was 94 so not sure how it is now. Look at the game commision's web site it should be able to give ya deer kill's for last year, that might help ya figure out the better counties....
Joe

P E T A
People Eating Tasty Animals
Morax

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Deer Hunting in PA ?? Reply with quote

hey dimitri... the deer are here, just real sneaky buggers, alleg. county is not too bad but it is shotgun or black powder only for rifle, BUT if you are serious let me know cause I got friends in low places!! someone in state i am friends with has his own farm, does his own scents etc for deer, so he gets big uglys trying to get in at his does all the time
Dimitri

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Deer Hunting in PA ?? Reply with quote

Shotgun is no problem can get a hold of a shotgun if need be since they do not allow centerfire rifle I assume. Confused

Anyways I'm really considering a one week vacation to PA next year, seems like a nice place but would have to wait till next spring/summer to book it all etc if I can afford it. Smile

Dimitri

Morax

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Deer Hunting in PA ?? Reply with quote

Dimitri wrote:
Shotgun is no problem can get a hold of a shotgun if need be since they do not allow centerfire rifle I assume. Confused

Anyways I'm really considering a one week vacation to PA next year, seems like a nice place but would have to wait till next spring/summer to book it all etc if I can afford it. Smile

Dimitri

they allow them only in certain areas, and certain seasons and blah blah blah, you know the drill on those kinda regs..
Deleted_User_2665

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:53 am    Post subject: Re: Deer Hunting in PA ?? Reply with quote

Been a lot of over killing in a lot of areas, sharpshooter joe....since '94.

Coincidentally in those areas the deer have been considered competition for the money trees the Commonwealth seems to have a sizable hunger for as marketable timber via public land. Seems the replant isn't successful unless you hammer the does pretty hard.

The Commonwealth also seems to favor selling a lot of licenses and really don't care much if you even see a deer.

Now, I was glassin' does with fawns this weekend in the ANF while my boys were killin' fish but the dude at the bait shop told me huntin' has sucked around there for years, which matches the complaints from other sources as well.

I've never had trouble findin' deer when there ain't none to be found but when the locals quit huntin' their own woods that's tellin' the tale...

If I hailed from Ontario and hankered a deer hunt, I'd not waste my money on PA...tons better places with more buck for the bang, like Sask.
roklok

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Deer Hunting in PA ?? Reply with quote

Dimitri, I have a uncle and cousin from Fort Erie,Ontario who come down to PA,my home state, every year to deer hunt. Last year my uncle killed a buck and a doe on the first day, my cousin got a doe on the 4th day. There are not as many deer in PA as there were 10 years ago, but in the area I hunt there are still enough to have a good hunt, southcentral PA in Bedford, Fulton and Huntingdon counties. We hunt on state land almost exclusively and have pretty good luck. Most areas of the state is open to rifle use, only a few areas next to the cities where rifle is not allowed.
Dimitri

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Deer Hunting in PA ?? Reply with quote

Thanks for the information. Very Happy

Dimitri

Weinbender

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: Deer Hunting in PA ?? Reply with quote

Hey Dimitri,
Maybe we could go there together? ive been thinking of going to the 'you s of eh' to do some hunting, thinking places where there are not too many ppl around unless they are all hunters!

Dimitri

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Deer Hunting in PA ?? Reply with quote

Well I'd like to go hunting in PA, but we will see if I can get vacation time for it.

Dimitri

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Big Game Hunting
Page 1 of 1