No staff members are online!

Coppermine Stats
Photo Albums
 Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820622
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Any HuntingNuts also interested in Numismatics?
Discussions run-amok, innane banter it all goes here
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Spam-O-Rama

View previous topic :: View next topic  
popgun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Any HuntingNuts also interested in Numismatics? Reply with quote

Crackshot wrote:
I have a Butt load of Silver quarters and some wheat pennies, OH and a few (3) Standing Liberty quarters that I inherited from grandfather. I also have 6 gold krugerands for my kids locked up in our safty deposit box that I got on the internet from a gold dealer.

Yep, your a collector! The Wheaties gave you away. Avoid internet and tv coin dealers. They charge a fortune, usually 100% over what your local coin shop would charge. Its like gunshops, support your local dealer. (my sneakey way of making this an ontopic converstation Very Happy )

View user's profile ICQ Number AIM Address MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
Dimitri

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:43 am    Post subject: Re: Any HuntingNuts also interested in Numismatics? Reply with quote

My three oldest American coins, got them in my pocket change too. Laughing

Dimitri

Crackshot

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:00 am    Post subject: Re: Any HuntingNuts also interested in Numismatics? Reply with quote

The nearest coin shop is 130 miles away and he still thought the Krugerands were illegal to own! :0

Dimitri

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:04 am    Post subject: Re: Any HuntingNuts also interested in Numismatics? Reply with quote

Why would it be illegal to own a gold coin ?? Confused

Dimitri

Crackshot

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: Any HuntingNuts also interested in Numismatics? Reply with quote

Not illegal to own gold, Just Krugerands(South African coins)! There was a ban on anything from South Africa, But not any more.
Does any one know what Mercury head dimes 1936 & 1940 would be worth? You started it!

Dimitri

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Any HuntingNuts also interested in Numismatics? Reply with quote

Crackshot,

Ah I see, but then agian if it came in before the ban they arn't illegal now are they ?? Laughing

Whats a mercury head dime ?? Confused

Dimitri

Crackshot

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Any HuntingNuts also interested in Numismatics? Reply with quote

Old dimes from the 30's and forty's with the image of the god Mercury on one side and I dont know what on the other!?

Dimitri

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Any HuntingNuts also interested in Numismatics? Reply with quote

Oh I see Crackshot, never seen one of thouse in my change. Laughing

Dimitri

Crackshot

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Any HuntingNuts also interested in Numismatics? Reply with quote

Keep looking........you might. Thats were some of my collection came from. Very Happy

Dimitri

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Any HuntingNuts also interested in Numismatics? Reply with quote

Perhaps I'll get some, but in Canada American pennies and quaters seem to be the ones that keep being circulated nickles are around in a pretty large number and there are dimes sometimes but they arn't too common. Smile

Dimitri

Crackshot

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Any HuntingNuts also interested in Numismatics? Reply with quote

Here are the 2 dimes in question.
I would show you the Krugerrands but they are in the saftey deposit box as they cost me $575.00 each . Worth more now as gold has gone up.

Last edited by Crackshot on Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile ICQ Number AIM Address MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
Dimitri

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Any HuntingNuts also interested in Numismatics? Reply with quote

Definately never seen any of thouse American dimes. Smile

Dimitri

popgun

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Any HuntingNuts also interested in Numismatics? Reply with quote

Quote::
My three oldest American coins, got them in my pocket change too.
Hey, be kind to the old man.....one of those one cent dates is my birth year. Very Happy

popgun

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Any HuntingNuts also interested in Numismatics? Reply with quote

Quote::
Does any one know what Mercury head dimes 1936 & 1940 would be worth? You started it!
It's hard to tell condition of the Mercury Dimes from your photo but from $1.20 to $40.00 depending on condition, year, and mint.

Crackshot

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: Any HuntingNuts also interested in Numismatics? Reply with quote

Thanks popgun. I'll not sell them, its just curiosity. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Spam-O-Rama
Page 2 of 3