No staff members are online!

Coppermine Stats
Photo Albums
 Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820622
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

dont you hate having to work sooo hard for your birds?
Topics related to waterfowl hunting
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Waterfowl Hunting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elvis

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: dont you hate having to work sooo hard for your birds? Reply with quote

sounds like a good spot to hang the flounder net out to "dry".

stovepipe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: dont you hate having to work sooo hard for your birds? Reply with quote

Not a bad idea! A slingshot and a net!

Ooop, both are illegal here...great.

I'm moving to NZ!
Bushmaster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: dont you hate having to work sooo hard for your birds? Reply with quote

That's right...I forgot. Sorry.

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
wiersy111

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: dont you hate having to work sooo hard for your birds? Reply with quote

Bushmaster wrote:
A suppressor/silencer for that 20 Ga.
Or maybe a slingshot like a wrist rocket.

I have a sling shot ball launcher for the puppies that would work great.

US ARMY RETIRED

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Being "Over the Hill" is much better then being under it!
Bushmaster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: dont you hate having to work sooo hard for your birds? Reply with quote

In the USSR of C he's not allowed to have a slingshot. He might hurt a liberal with it. Maybe even rob a convenience store with it.

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
Elvis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Re: dont you hate having to work sooo hard for your birds? Reply with quote

Went for a wander just up the road tonight and slung the shottie over the shoulder just incase I got another flyby or got attacked by cannibal pigmies. Very Happy
No geese but some Parrie shellducks were seen and 1 flew past in teasing range and seen and as though I was loaded with 1 1/8 #BBs by kent doing 1550 fps I thought what the heck and dropped it tumbling to the ground Shocked . it landed upside down and the dog soon got to it. hold that thought.... another pair flew right at me so I waited then up and fired 2 shots to smash them both Shocked . great 3 from 3. the dog came straight to me as I went to pick up number 2 bird but hello where is your bird dog????? Sad "bird??? what bird Dad?" was the look I got Embarassed !!!!! I picked up number 3 and spent the next 15 minutes looking for the first bird that the dog HAD IN HIS MOUTH!!!! no joy and the dog still maintained his innocents!!!! peaves Mad me off no end as that is the ONLY bird Ive lost since I got the wee dog. might just go back for a look tomorrow. its open ground so unless she was just stunned and flew away when put down its got me stumped wtf .

slimjim

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:41 am    Post subject: Re: dont you hate having to work sooo hard for your birds? Reply with quote

maybe the dog saw a rabbit and was distracted. Or is this a different wee dog?

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: dont you hate having to work sooo hard for your birds? Reply with quote

Don't you carry a game bag when you go out Elvis? Whenever I am out and about with my shottie I always have a belt around my waist with a game bag and two ammo pouches. I can fit up to six bunnies in the game bag on the back of the belt.

Cheers, Vince

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
Elvis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Re: dont you hate having to work sooo hard for your birds? Reply with quote

the 1st bird had just dropped and the dog went to it he got to it and I shot the next 2. my boy found the duck (or remains there of)he must have been nearly back to my side when he dropped it!!! I just didnt see it Sad and he "forgot" where it was Embarassed !!!!
different dog from the hare chasing tractor racer Very Happy
cant really blame him it was rather exciting when the other 2 came right at me!!!!
a ferret got the duck during the day so we took 2 traps down there to snavel it. must be fate in there somewhere. Smile

slimjim

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: Re: dont you hate having to work sooo hard for your birds? Reply with quote

Elvis wrote:
a ferret got the duck during the day so we took 2 traps down there to snavel it.

Are you going after the ferret as payback because he found your duck before you did? Because they task good? Because you need some fur to make slippers? I've always heard where there is one ferret, there are two. They can't stand to be alone.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein
Elvis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: Re: dont you hate having to work sooo hard for your birds? Reply with quote

well hopefully I will get them both!!!
we have a competition going on over here called the "swamp comp"
we trap shoot run over etc etc as many stoats ferrets and weasels as we can and keep the tails to hand in at a hunting and fishing store. each tail is a ticket in the lottery for prizes.. the theory is each kill should mean 10 more ducks next season as they will kill at least that many chicks or eggs. the rats n hedgehogs that get sconed at the same time are a bonus bi kill as they too are bad for the ducks and our native birds.

slimjim

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:55 am    Post subject: Re: dont you hate having to work sooo hard for your birds? Reply with quote

Elvis wrote:
the theory is each kill should mean 10 more ducks next season as they will kill at least that many chicks or eggs.

Interesting! I would bet its even more than that. Wolves need to eat at least 17 elk in a year to survive. The Cry Wolf topic said the number is closer to 23.

www.klamathbucketbriga...033111.htm

Ominivision1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:54 am    Post subject: Re: dont you hate having to work sooo hard for your birds? Reply with quote

We have relatives that live near Yellowstone and so far have shot 4 wolves this year for killing their cattle. Also in Montana it's the same thing and only getting worst. Montana FWP estimates between 11(elk)/1(wolf) and 35(elk)/1(wolf).

yellowstone.net/blog/2...-hot-topic

The figure above is only for elk and does not count, cows, bison, yotes, deer, etc.

Limitations are but boundaries created inside our minds.
slimjim

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: dont you hate having to work sooo hard for your birds? Reply with quote

I forgot the specific numbers but the original estimates the USG did for support of reintroduction of wolves in Yellowstone was based on about 20 mating pairs. I think there is now 1600 throughout the mid-West. And these are the larger Alaskan Wolves, not the smaller-bodied wolves that used to existing in the lower 48.

slimjim

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:34 am    Post subject: Re: dont you hate having to work sooo hard for your birds? Reply with quote

Whatever the real number is (elk/wolf/year), its had a disasterous impact on elk, deer, and moose heards throughout the upper Rooky Mountain States. I did find one article that the wolves killing the elk was good because the tree population was now increasing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Waterfowl Hunting
Page 3 of 4