Coppermine Stats
Photo Albums
 Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2452
  · Views: 824013
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Printing
Post your bug reports or feature requests here!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
popgun

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Printing Reply with quote

Hi Dallan,
In your work on the new version can you look into a better printout of the files like load info, gun list, etc. Everytime I print something out it jams up with the next field and doesen't even print out the whole field because of the jam up. This happens regardless of windows version or printer type. It has been the same on Win98, 2000, and XP Home.
Is it possible to have the info print out in a table format?
While talking about printing, it would be nice to just print out the drop data without the drop chart or vise versa.
Chris

View user's profile ICQ Number AIM Address MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
DallanC
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Printing Reply with quote

popgun wrote:
Hi Dallan,
In your work on the new version can you look into a better printout of the files like load info, gun list, etc. Everytime I print something out it jams up with the next field and doesen't even print out the whole field because of the jam up. This happens regardless of windows version or printer type. It has been the same on Win98, 2000, and XP Home.
Is it possible to have the info print out in a table format?
While talking about printing, it would be nice to just print out the drop data without the drop chart or vise versa.
Chris

I will pop up a dialog box where you can click what data you want printed, graphical or texual. Printing everything will now take 2 pages so everything wont be so crammed together as before.

-DallanC
popgun

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Printing Reply with quote

View user's profile ICQ Number AIM Address MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
popgun

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Printing Reply with quote

Remember the gun and load data runs together too.

PaulS

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Printing Reply with quote

DallanC,

Will we be able to print out just a ballistics print out?

as a request:
how about inputing a beginning yard start point for the table, an increment for the table and an ending yard point. (rather than selecting one of the increments only from the list)

I have a secondary request for one other value in the ballistics printout:
I call it the "hunting index" and it is the (energy x (bullet weight x velocity / 7000) /212.37) It comes very close to the OGW formula but it is a value that I have come up with independantly to assist in selecting a rounds suitability for a specific animal. Since math formulas can't be copyrighted I can't own it and I miss it since I started using Point Blank in place of my own software which was written for dos and won't print under windows anymore. If I ever learn to use Visual C++ 6.0 maybe I can put something together as good as Point Blank.

So and So's pages on the internet = NOT reliable loading data
Always check data against manuals
NEVER exceed maximum listed loads
prof242
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Printing Reply with quote

Got a problem. Have reloaded PB on my computer. Am using Win 2000 and have an Officejet G85 printer. I hit print on the program, but nothing happens.. Printer works OK with all Office software. Deleted software for printer, then reinstalled. No help.
popgun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Printing Reply with quote

You said that you reloaded PB on your computer but did you delete the previous copy of PB first. You may have created a conflict if you didn't.
There are no know conflicts with Win2000 but there are so many printers there could be a conflict with that particular model. Did Point Blank work with this printer previously? Also, what are you trying to print from Point Blank and does any other part of the program print?

DallanC
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: Printing Reply with quote

prof242 wrote:
Got a problem. Have reloaded PB on my computer. Am using Win 2000 and have an Officejet G85 printer. I hit print on the program, but nothing happens.. Printer works OK with all Office software. Deleted software for printer, then reinstalled. No help.

Popgun asked the major questions I would have. The thing with windows is I dont write to the printer. I write to the windows printer object and that in turn, figures out how to print on a physical printer through its printer driver. I just get a print handle and send information to it.

Also, I did alot of development and testing of the 1.8a on Windows 2000.

-DallanC
452colt
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: Printing Reply with quote

Downloaded PB Installed it. It worked fine until I treid to print out an individual file from the firearms database. List print works fine. I'm using Win98SE
popgun

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Printing Reply with quote

The Print Individual Entry feature in v1.8 does not work and is a known bug It will not be repaired in v1.8 because testing is underway on version 2.0. All resources and time are going into the new version of Point Blank. Please be patient and standby for the new version. There is no release date yet but it's in the works. All of the print bugs should be worked out in the new version.
In order to use the new version of Point Blank when it is released you will need to download the .net software from Microsoft Update Website. .NET software comes with Windows XP and if you are using Win98SE it's time for an upgrade. Win98SE and ME are no longer supported by Microsoft and that includes security updates. Your out on a limb where security is concerned. I was in the same boat and just upgraded to a new computer myself. The new Microsoft Vista operating system is due for release in January and the beta versions are being released for testing this week. So that means that your Win98SE just gained a few more old age wrinkles.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Bug Reports / Feature Requests
Page 1 of 1