Woohoo I am clever
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> Waterfowl Hunting

#1: Woohoo I am clever Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 7:14 pm
    ----
Very successful sunday morning, took our 8 month old cocker spaniel for a walk this morning in the rain, came home with these ducks and geese that he retrieved for me, his very first go at retrieving. Very impressed. :

#2: Re: Woohoo I am clever Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 7:36 pm
    ----
WOW I am very impressed not to mention jealous. I think your dog needs some very special attention for that good day.

#3: Re: Woohoo I am clever Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:05 pm
    ----
wow..that was a great day and a long while back.
here he is on Friday
greater canada goose..big and fat it is too Very Happy

#4: Re: Woohoo I am clever Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:27 am
    ----
Wow...you both done good mate. I think your spaniel had earned a nice feed of something special.

#5: Re: Woohoo I am clever Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:06 am
    ----
Elvis, I am always impressed with your hunting tales. You take a walk out the back door of your house and bring back more game than we do after driving for hours. Your pup is only 8 months old! You must be a good trainer, also. Congrats on a great first outing.

#6: Re: Woohoo I am clever Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:14 pm
    ----
He was 8 mths old when I posted the first picture...4 years+ now
he has piss poor eyesight as has too much skin on his head Sad ..like a char pee type almost and it flops down and obscures his eyes Sad ..just aswell he has big heart and good nose Very Happy
persisting down with rain again so the ducks will be out getting fat on earth worms again and ponds will be filling nicely Very Happy

#7: Re: Woohoo I am clever Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:28 pm
    ----
Vince wrote:
Wow...you both done good mate. I think your spaniel had earned a nice feed of something special.

Ok, Vince, too much spare time on your hands? Resurrecting 4-year old posts!?!?

#8: Re: Woohoo I am clever Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:55 pm
    ----
guilty your honor Embarassed ....I had new photo of Nugget and thought I would put it on old thread showing his first retrieves. Very Happy Very Happy

#9: Re: Woohoo I am clever Author: TRBLSHTRLocation: Lower 48's-left coast(near portlandia) PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:24 pm
    ----
Very Happy Over the years I've had cockers,springers,labs,chessies,and even a couple stock dogs!My most memorable and productive hunts tho have always been from the spaniel families!Good dogs and faithful till the end!

#10: Re: Woohoo I am clever Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:16 am
    ----
eyes now stuffed...one is useless and other runs about 25% ...the nose still busy and heart full on into it....... it really breaks my heart to leave the wee hua at home when we go for a hunt,he goes 50 yards and gets lost as cant see enough to find way back,has to back track on his own scent.......
today he said "who needs eyes when you going so far everything is a blur" or maybe "Im the king of the world"

#11: Re: Woohoo I am clever Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:09 am
    ----
Great picture, Elvis. I hope you and your best friend have a grand day!

#12: Re: Woohoo I am clever Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:47 am
    ----
Blind or not...THAT dog hunts.

#13: Re: Woohoo I am clever Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:32 pm
    ----
took wife and both dogs out today...last day of main season...I doubled with two mallards...then a 2nd pair comes in...darling wife fires one shot through the old single barrel .12ga with a .410 adaptor in it and gets BOTH ducks...... to say I was chuffed is putting it mildly...that is the VERY FIRST shot she has fired at gamebirds..... we let Meg pick up one bird then guided old Nugget over to 2nd bird..he swam out and around it then got its scent,picked it up and swam back in with much verbal guidance....must be a barstard being blind for a bird dog.... finished the day off with 6 mallards 3 paridise ducks and a hare...one of two who ran past maimai.
wife didnt want photo taken.

#14: Re: Woohoo I am clever Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:32 am
    ----
Great shooting Becs...you obviously had a good teacher.

#15: Re: Woohoo I am clever Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:48 am
    ----
A double take-down with a .410 no less!!! A great family day, Elvis.

-> Waterfowl Hunting