Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820723
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Ferguson
Discussion that doesnt fit other Topics
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhc4ever

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:06 am    Post subject: Re: Ferguson Reply with quote

The whole situation to me smacks of reverse racism.
Would all this c r a p have happened if the shooting officier had been black?
I think not.
I found it intereresting the the most racist people I have met in the usa where african american.
With a chip that big on there shoulders you,d think they'd all walk in circles.

Rant off

Fire proof suit on.

Dont do anything you wont like explaining to the paramedics..............
Tremblay

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Ferguson Reply with quote

There would have been piece and quit !!!!

Never argue with a stupid person ,cause they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. Mark Twwain
radar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Ferguson Reply with quote

As one of a couple of LEO s on this site I feel for the officer , we've had two shootings in my District this year both were armed offenders, both survived and everything looks justified for the shooters.
I know what it feels like to go up against a gorilla - I'm 6 foot and 95 kg ( about 115kg in all my kit) I'm not that small but I always take a weapon be it Spray, baton, taser or firearm. I've had a couple of very close calls with offenders on top of me about to give me a hiding, but I fight dirty, well dirty enough to have got out of those situations without too many bruises, I've been king hit, jumped by three guys at once and had weapons pulled on me, it's scarey stuff but I'm still around thanks to luck on my part twice now. We too have very strict escalation of force protocols but at the end of the day it's you against the bad guy or girl and you only are the only one that makes the decision.
To the nay Sayers and doubters, walk a mile in my shoes before you criticise, I've been doing this for almost 25 years and every day is different and every situation is different. - what counts is YOUR decision no one else's

George Orwell
slimjim

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Ferguson Reply with quote

Thanks for you insight, radar. I've been waiting for you input.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein
Tremblay

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Ferguson Reply with quote

Well put Radar, I myself stand 5' 9' and have had some deals that would make your hair stand up but there is still protocol to follow

Never argue with a stupid person ,cause they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. Mark Twwain
Elvis

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Ferguson Reply with quote

good on ya Radar.....

gelandangan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: Ferguson Reply with quote

Yes, Good on you Radar.
Much respect to LEO, specially nowadays after having to put up with bastards on the street, you guys also have to put up with a lot of politicrap behind the scene.

Do - Not try!

gelandangan.weebly.com/
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:45 am    Post subject: Re: Ferguson Reply with quote

As the others said, good on ya Radar. As you are aware, I have a number of friends who are sworn members, and I really don't envy you the job mate.

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
BigBlue

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Ferguson Reply with quote

Michael Brown was a thug with no respect for anyone or anything. I'm sorry the police officer had to shoot him, but I'm not sorry that Brown was shot.
Tremblay

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Ferguson Reply with quote

Shooting The Unarmed Man – The Fallacy Of Modern Perception

Ross Elder / August 11, 2014

“He shot an unarmed man!”

“He wasn’t armed! Police had no reason to shoot him!”

How often have we heard those screams from an angry community? Trayvon Martin may be the first to come mind but it happens more often than most people think. Kansas City firefighter Anthony Bruno, unarmed and drunk, was shot and killed by an off duty police officer. And, of course, the most recent case of Michael Brown in St. Louis, Missouri.

The problem with the public outcry and the rioting in pursuit of “JUSTICE” is that most people know exactly nothing about physical combat and life threatening situations. They assume that if a person is unarmed that deadly force cannot and should not be employed. And they are wrong.

Have you seen the viral videos of “the knockout game?” Many of those videos involve one solid blow to the head that results in an unconscious victim. There is laughing and yelling and everyone runs away. Well, what if they didn’t want to stop there? What if the attacker decided that he would just kill someone today? He now has an unconscious, helpless victim to beat to death.

Take the case of Michael Fobbs as an example. He walked up to a man sitting on a bench and simply started hitting him repeatedly until the man was dead at an Amtrak station in Texas. Would that victim have been authorized the use of deadly force? Fobbs was unarmed.

pointblankrifle

Bear in mind that more people were beaten to death with hands and feet than were killed by so-called assault rifles in 2012. Those victims were not allowed to use deadly force simply because their attacker did not have a weapon? I think not. Laws on self defense seldom mention the use of a weapon. They are based on a reasonable fear that your life is in jeopardy, not the presence of a weapon in the hands of your attacker.

You may have missed the television programs on the science of fighting. In that series, Randy Couture was studied. In his well-known “ground and pound” method of dispatching an opponent, Couture was able to generate over 2,000 pounds of force in his downward blows to an opponent’s head. That’s the equivalent of dropping a car on your face. Trained fighters seldom take the full force of those blows because they are moving and defending with their own arms and hands but what if the victim was not a trained fighter? Couture, and any other trained fighter, could kill you with just a couple of blows to the head.

The rise in popularity of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and MMA style sports has also added new weapons to the attacker’s hands only arsenal. Have you ever been choked out? In MMA sports, the defender can “tap out” or the referee can end the fight and pull the attacker off of you. In the real world, you will be choked until you die. That’s a real fight.

So, if your attacker is unarmed and gets you in a choke, is that it? You’re just going to let yourself die because you won’t use lethal force against an unarmed opponent? How about if you are on your back being hammered in the face and you are moments away from losing consciousness and eventual death? Just going to accept your fate? I seriously doubt that.

I’m not. If I’m armed, I’m going to kill you. Dead.

If a cop walks up to someone out of the blue, draws his pistol, and shoots them dead in the street, that’s one thing. But, shooting an unarmed assailant during a fight in the street is another. You do not know the intentions of the attacker and cannot allow yourself to be overpowered or knocked unconscious. You will only be another statistic.

You also have no idea if your attacker IS armed and they just haven’t used their weapon yet. You can’t wait until you are unable to defend yourself to find out. I suspect most of you reading this would not. So, why are we judging a police officer who makes the same decision you would make under the same circumstances?

Get a reality check, folks

1895ss

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Ferguson Reply with quote

Tremblay wrote:
Shooting The Unarmed Man – The Fallacy Of Modern Perception
Get a reality check, folks
A "Great Post" Tremblay and I agree 100%. I have been following this story and the whole Ferguson episode is ridiculous. Some how Brown was made to look like an angel before the truth came out even though he and his a hole friend just robbed a store. By the way did his buddy ever get arrested for his part in the robbery? I also think the media needs to be silenced at times in order to get to the truth before stories get started, to much gets aired that is hearsay. It is very odd that in all of North America one can be racist against anyone except us white folks.
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:53 am    Post subject: Re: Ferguson Reply with quote

This is terrific...absolutely magnificent.

image.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  93.53 KB
 Viewed:  5619 Time(s)

image.jpg

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
Tremblay

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: Ferguson Reply with quote

We need more of this that's for sure.

Suzanne

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Ferguson Reply with quote

That kid can't believe this is still going on and neither can I. He's in for a rude awakening as he gets older if he still lives in that area full of people that don't believe that actual evidence is relevant. There's nothing to protest! A cop shot a thug who was trying to kill him. The grand jury documents make perfectly clear that sweet little Mike was entirely responsible for his own death. Can't the "peaceful" protesters read? Did you hear the indictment when they read it over the television? Couldn't hear all of it because they kept cutting it off and resuming when they got to the meat. Thing is, it was the most clear, carefully written, fact by fact account that no one would have a doubt about the motives and outcomes and leaves you with no hesitation in believing the story from the cop and why he did what he did. Perfectly clear to understand his recent resignation from the force too, he doesn't want to get murdered by the crowd of looters (who are not the community). The community didn't want black thugs robbing stores and sauntering down the middle of its streets. The community doesn't want to be assaulted by sweet little Mike. The community didn't want its stores burned down. That community testified in support of Officer Wilson. About a half-dozen black witnesses supported Officer Wilson's version of what happened. They witnessed it!! The night of the riot, Obama said the law "often feels as if it is being applied in discriminatory fashion." Maybe, but not in this case -- except toward Officer Wilson.

Not my words
but my sentiment
put to words
Suz

tlo7mm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Ferguson Reply with quote

I have a question for you folks since you have no problem accusing people of listening to the media and I am sure none of you witnessed what happened, where do you get your news?

Suzzie, I don't want thugs (i am not going to say black thugs because there are just as many white and Latino thugs out there) robbing any place and I am not out there protesting because I don't feel there is anything to protest I just think that most people are tired of the liberties cops take in the name of justice. In this case the officer may have been justified however in the past two years there have been a tremendous amount of innocent people killed by cops because the officer went strait to his gun before determining if he was justified in shooting.
I think the American people are tired of the cops doing more about people who are not all that dangerous and letting the true criminals go. It happens all the time here and everywhere else in the country. This situation was just the straw that broke the camels back.

A good example of what I am talking about is a fella locally that is a business owner killed a woman that my wife knew while she was walking down the street. He had been drinking and hit her with his truck. He immediately left the scene. He was arrested previously for beating his girlfriend but was let go. He was picked up that night by the cops but was again let go. He is set to go to trial but in the meantime he has been let free to continue his illegal activities that are definitely much more minor then killing someone but that isn't the point. The man should be in prison and the justice system is doing nothing to protect the people of this area from him. This is not an issue that is endemic to my area, people face this injustice throughout the country and the American people have spoken, it is time to fix this issue. Sit idly by if you like but do not criticize those who are scared for their families. It is there right as US citizens and I really don't blame them one bit for it.

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General
Page 3 of 7