Coppermine Stats
Photo Albums
 Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820622
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Hornady Interbond Bullets
Discussion regarding the reloading of ammunition and tuning of loads for accuracy
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Reloading Ammunition

View previous topic :: View next topic  
robfromaz1977

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: Hornady Interbond Bullets Reply with quote

I HAVE JUST WORKED UP A GREAT LOAD IN MY 300 ULTRA MAG WITH 180 GRAIN INTERBONDS AND WAS WONDERING IF ANY ONE OUT THERE HAS USED THESE BULLETS ON GAME YET? IF SO WHAT DID YOU THINK OF THE PERFORMANCE?
Blaine

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Hornady Interbond Bullets Reply with quote

I haven't used the Interbond on game yet, but I'm not impressed with their weight consistancy. I just weight batched 200 of the .308/150 gr this afternoon. They varied by more than 1.2 grains!!! This is compared, for ex., to the Nosler 150gr Accubond in which 85% of the 300 weighed were +/- .1 grs. The remaining ones were no more than +/-.3 grs. I actually had better luck when I weighed the Hornady Interlocks. They were all +/-.4 grs. Not sure how the Interbonds perform on game, but I'd bet they will do no better than the Nosler Accubond for only a few $ more per 100. Just my opinion. I'm going to try the Interbonds this weekend to see how they shoot. Unless they really "shine", I've bought my last ones.

Blaine

robfromaz1977

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: Hornady Interbond Bullets Reply with quote

BLAINE,
I HAVEN'T WEIGHED ANY OF THEM FOR CONSISTENCY LIKE YOU HAVE BUT THATS A GOOD IDEA. WITH THE ACCURACY I GOT FROM THE 180 GRAINERS I WOULD HAVE TO SAY THAT THEY ARE PRETTY CONSISTENT. MAYBE YOU GOT A BAD BATCH. IF I GET SOME TIME I WILL WEIGH A BUNCH OF THEM AND LET YOU KNOW HOW THEY COME OUT. I WILL HAVE TO GIVE THE ACCUBONDS A TRY ONE OF THESE DAYS. THEY SOUND LIKE THEY ARE A LITTLE BETTER. NOW IF I COULD JUST GET THE ARIZONA GAME AND FISH TO GIVE ME A TAG I WOULD BE ABLE TO SEE HOW THE HORNADY'S WORK.
shrpshtrjoe
Super Red Neck Member
Super Red Neck Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Hornady Interbond Bullets Reply with quote

Howdy. I have shot a couple does with the standard 130gr spire point with my 308 and it did ok (lung shots). I am very impressed with the accuracy of the 150gr accubond out of my 308 with varget powder (there's a pic of one of my test groups in the reloading fourm under accubonds) i can't wait to see how they perform this fall, good luck with your tag.

P E T A
People Eating Tasty Animals
280KW
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Hornady Interbond Bullets Reply with quote

i have killed numerous deer with the interbond and they are a fantastic hunting bullet for game.
i loaded many years ago and true hornady bullets do not weigh out as true as others BUT they shoot plenty good enough to kill everything on the continent(under 1") if you work at it. sometimes you don't have to work.
the killing ability of this particular bonded bullet has me convinced. i shoot a 280 w/139 @ a velocity right @3000. put the brass on there ass and watchum' role
calsibley

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Hornady Interbond Bullets Reply with quote

I haven't used too many Hornady bullets in recent years but two that I'm very fond of are the 6.5 129gr. SP that I use in my 6.5x55 and also the newer 6mm 95gr. SST., an excellent deer caliber bullet. Hornady seems to have come a long way lately. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal
Aceoky

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Hornady Interbond Bullets Reply with quote

Well, I'm a huge Hornady fan; but since I don't shoot magnum centerfire rifles, I really don't see the need in "bonded bullets", but for those that have used them, the majority LOVE them! Including a PH in Africa that uses the 165 interbond exclusivly in his 30/06( I don't hunt anything nearly that big) ...

The regular "interlocks" are about all we hunt with, and they always come through as planned(also the SST, which is an interlock BTW)..

For mags I'd pick those first, and use them unless they just didn't shoot well at all! Hornady "rocks" IMHO(also love 100 instead of 50 bullets per box)

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Reloading Ammunition
Page 1 of 1