Photo Albums
 Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820725
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Mini-Review of Large Alice Pack
Discussion that doesnt fit other Topics
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dimitri

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Mini-Review of Large Alice Pack Reply with quote

Mini-Review of Large Alice Pack

Well I got my Alice pack in the mail yesterday, had to go pick it up at the UPS depot. I got it from Brigade Quatermasters ( www.actiongear.com ). They list them as made in the USA, and its got the military markings all over it, probably cause its from the same supplier. Anyways the pack is new was in plastic, took a whole minute in the dark car ride home to get it assembled to the frame. For 130$ for the Frame and pack who can complain if you got to do some assembly!

First things first, this thing is HUGE. I could fit the man pack Radio inside its special pouch and then still manage to carry a weeks worth of supplies in it! Not that I'd want to carry that much weight though.

The 3 pockets on top, I do not have a magazine handy (cause I still havn't recieved my M1A) but it seems to me like they would fit a M1A magazine each They are bigger then I expected.

All the hardware looks solid, and the webbing straps look like they can handle quite abit more then the cheap straps I have seen in import packs costing some of them more then this one even.

I threw in a few heavy items I had near me once I got home and it feels pretty comfrotable.

Would I buy the same pack agian, absolutly!

Dimitri

citizen0215
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 2:49 am    Post subject: Re: Mini-Review of Large Alice Pack Reply with quote

Different strokes for different folks.

I've been carrying a newer/after version of the ALICE as issued by the NZ Army, for nearly 15 years now and I'm light infantry having carried my ALICE pack as far as 80km(once) on a single movement, so it hasn't been sitting in a vehicle or an FOB.

I also have smaller/older design ALICE packs bith as a spare day bag as well as a lighter field pack depending on training environment.

An ALICE with good shoulder straps can be pretty comfortable in my opinion, as well as incredibly durable/practical for there residency.

I personally think most frameless new generation/design MOLLE large packs are absolute 100% rubbish, including the Terminator pack.
inthedark

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Mini-Review of Large Alice Pack Reply with quote

citizen0215 wrote:
Different strokes for different folks.

I've been carrying a newer/after version of the ALICE as issued by the NZ Army, for nearly 15 years now and I'm light infantry having carried my ALICE pack as far as 80km(once) on a single movement, so it hasn't been sitting in a vehicle or an FOB.

I also have smaller/older design ALICE packs bith as a spare day bag as well as a lighter field pack depending on training environment.

An ALICE with good shoulder straps can be pretty comfortable in my opinion, as well as incredibly durable/practical for there residency.

I personally think most frameless new generation/design MOLLE large packs are absolute 100% rubbish, including the Terminator pack.
I carried ALICE in the 24th ID back in the day. They hoad some of us us the experimental MOLLIE and it sucked the high hard one. I definitely like ALICE better. That being said the LBE (battle harness) we used was a pain but the new Molle LBE was far better given the loads that we carried.

War is sweet to those who have no experience of it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach - Pindar 518-438 BC

Be Copy now of Men of Grosser Blood and TEACH THEM HOW TO WAR
TRBLSHTR

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Mini-Review of Large Alice Pack Reply with quote

I've got 3 of the large alices-and they seem to be the best packs that I've ever found.One has the external frame-which works well when carrying heavier loads like camp apparatus and togs,and quarters of game animals.The second without a frame just for camping and exploring-more comfort,less weight.The third also for camping-for another person who shows up without an alice pack!

Dimitri

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Mini-Review of Large Alice Pack Reply with quote

Holy resurrection!

My pack in it's current configuration. A 64 pattern bag and a lightweight backcountry tent. Been this way forever now.

20190511_194419_2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  84.11 KB
 Viewed:  3497 Time(s)

20190511_194419_2.jpg

20190511_194425_2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  90.26 KB
 Viewed:  3497 Time(s)

20190511_194425_2.jpg

Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Mini-Review of Large Alice Pack Reply with quote

‘Mitri...long time no see mate...welcome back onboard. How are you and the family going? Your little fellow would be quite big by now, and no doubt accompanying you into the bush when hunting and shooting.

I have a brand new large Alice Pack, with internal waterproof bag, sitting in my trunk in the garage, and also an Aussie issue back pack that I have attached an Alice frame too for comfort...also a new Vietnam issue Berlin with the triangular frame. All are really comfy packs.

If I ever need to, I can equip about 4 or 5 people with a pack in the need to “get outa Dodge” ever arises. All carry enough to survive in the bush with varying degrees of comfort carry.

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
dhc4ever

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Mini-Review of Large Alice Pack Reply with quote

Knees failing and backpacks, Im seeing a connection...
Back on topic, Ive got an alice pack, late 90s auscam back pack and a moutain designs traveller pack, no of which has had a lot of use, so my knees arent as shot as some

Dont do anything you wont like explaining to the paramedics..............
Dimitri

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Mini-Review of Large Alice Pack Reply with quote

Been pretty busy, no hunting or camping recently. But that pack as configured could do 2 weeks. I have done it before.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General
Page 1 of 1