Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2452
  · Views: 824199
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

It has started
Discussion that doesnt fit other Topics
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bushmaster

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: It has started Reply with quote

Would you? kinky....

There was no intentions of "putting you in your place"...Definding ones home is a right...Be it a domicile, county, state or country...Same as I have a right to knock it. Spent 20 years in the USSR of C...I know your politics very well and I DID fight it while I was there...

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...

Last edited by Bushmaster on Fri May 04, 2007 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
rdncktink

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: It has started Reply with quote

Well I'm going to sensor my thoughts here and say "no comment" to the kinky. And suggest new topic/comment/thread/whatever.

Oh and the defending/speaking against is a great right and is better yet that we have the right to do it. (Now the flag will go back to where it belongs.) Flag

vint2

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: It has started Reply with quote

I was in California 50 years ago and there is a definite difference between north and south. I was back in the 70's on business and saw the same thing.

hunterjoe21

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: It has started Reply with quote

rdncktink

My apologies for offending you, and I apologize to anyone else who may have been offended by my comments. I get extremely irritated at the thought of banning/restricting/controlling items that don't need to be. Here's a radical idea--- instead of trying to control who purchases handgun ammo, make it available at a reduced cost to law abiding citizens, and give'em some guns too. If you can pass a CCW course, you get a handgun and a fistful of bullets. Guns confiscated as a result of illegal activity could be re-deployed this way instead of warehoused and eventually destroyed. If the gangbangers are unsure of who's carrying, they'll think twice about whose face they stick their gun in. Within the last 2 weeks in Cleveland, Ohio a licensed CCW permit holder shot and killed a 15 yr. old would-be armed robber.

blog.cleveland.com/met...ith_m.html

Maybe the next crook will think twice before he attempts an armed robbery on an innocent citizen.

Anyway, unless the SOUTHERN California Legislature has banned ROCKS, I shall crawl back under the one from whence I came...
vint2

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: It has started Reply with quote

The problem with that concept is that I don't need a ccw to have the right to carry, except for some damned liberal nonsense that put a law on the books to counter my 2cd amendment rights. We have too much government control in too many areas of our lives already!!! The right case in front of the Supreme Court would get all superfulus gun laws repealed.

1895ss

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: It has started Reply with quote

vint2 wrote:
The right case in front of the Supreme Court would get all superfulus gun laws repealed.

Sorry but ......... aahhhhhh ...... what is that........??? Confused I may be interested in doing that. Who knows........ Smile

hunterjoe21

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: It has started Reply with quote

Good point vint2, but given the current environment in most of the country, in order for law-abiding citizens to REMAIN law-abiding, we must attend a class, take a test, shoot a gun, and receive approval from some "instructor" in order to carry a concealed weapon. I agree that, as per the way I read the 2nd Amendment, we have the RIGHT to our weapons, and I don't remember reading the "pass a test" paragraph in there, but if I gotta take a test, so be it. I'll do it...IF I GOTTA. It goes back to my disdain for Government Control of everything we do. In the end, I'm still gonna comply with the laws as written, even though I disagree with them. My elected officials have NO DOUBT as to my stance on these issues, I will NOT hesitate to voice my opinion to them, and if I don't like the way they vote on ANY issue I feel strongly on, I won't hesitate to vote against them in the next election.

Dammit...where's my rock??
vint2

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: It has started Reply with quote

Good for you!!!!!! We do have to be legal or we lose it all!!!! Smile

rdncktink

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: It has started Reply with quote

OKay so I was a little harsh last night. But here I can vent and I can't yell at my students who keep saying that ALL gunowners do this and ALL gunowners do that and that the NRA is a bunch of hillbillies that need to get a life. So I guess we both are a little at fault. And I agree that we need to look more closely at who we vote for and how some of the riders that get attached to laws work and not just the main law.
Now I need to go and get some .22s for my self-loader long riffle that they hate so much at the gun range and try to go as fast as I can to calm.

hunterjoe21

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: It has started Reply with quote

Better to vent to folks here than on impressionable students. PLEASE see Crackshot's post copied from an article about Ted Nugent.

www.huntingnut.com/ind...pic&t=2894

I'm NOT a Nugent fan, but he makes some sense.

Have your anti-gun students digest that, and ask for an opinion. It's been my experience that MOST anti-gun "activists" only have the ability to repeat what someone else has already said. Again, please don't take this the wrong way, I'm NOT trying to offend you or your students, but I'm curious to see if they have any original ideas.
vint2

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: It has started Reply with quote

Can you just give them the facts without repercussions from the powers that be???? Smile

rdncktink

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: It has started Reply with quote

Facts what are facts. Are those those things that textbooks skim over so as not to offend anyone? Or are facts those things that get changed so bad to make one side look better than they really were/are. Oh I know facts are those things that when I try to teach them I get looked at like I just grew a second head. The school I'm at is so PC that I have to police not only what I say but what my students say.

hunterjoe21

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: It has started Reply with quote

Sorry, I promised to crawl back under my rock, but now I am thoroughly intrigued. If the inmates (students) are runnin the asylum, where is the "learning process" happening? At the risk of offending you again, if "FACTS" are deemed unacceptable in your current environment, Who decides which reality to use for education? Does rdncktink carry any weight?? Can I submit my perceived reality for future consideration?

GET TO THE ROCK...
GET TO THE ROCK...
GET TO THE ROCK...GET TO THE ROCK...

vint2

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 5:09 am    Post subject: Re: It has started Reply with quote

Rdncktink,sounds to me like Bushy is right and you should follow his example and escape!!!!!

rdncktink

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: It has started Reply with quote

hunterjoe21 wrote:
Sorry, I promised to crawl back under my rock, but now I am thoroughly intrigued. If the inmates (students) are runnin the asylum, where is the "learning process" happening? At the risk of offending you again, if "FACTS" are deemed unacceptable in your current environment, Who decides which reality to use for education? Does rdncktink carry any weight?? Can I submit my perceived reality for future consideration?

GET TO THE ROCK...
GET TO THE ROCK...
GET TO THE ROCK...GET TO THE ROCK...

I carry no weight at the moment since I'm not even employed by the district. I'm student teaching which means keep your head down and do as told and you might get a job. And reality is decided on by the people who write the books. Now some of it is really good, I mean my textbook never had Vietnam and theirs does but it's still a little to "clean" for what I think they should know. I have informed them that not everything is how they think it is and that's working.

Vint2: I've been trying to get out since I learned there was other states. I've always liked the idea of Wyoming and Alaska. Or Gerogia and Louisiana.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General
Page 2 of 3