Coppermine Stats
Photo Albums
 Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820622
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

whats your favorite bullet
Discussion regarding the reloading of ammunition and tuning of loads for accuracy
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Reloading Ammunition

View previous topic :: View next topic  

whats your favorite bullet
nosler
36%
 36%  [ 30 ]
sierra
25%
 25%  [ 21 ]
hornady
24%
 24%  [ 20 ]
barnes
8%
 8%  [ 7 ]
speer
4%
 4%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 82

shrpshtrjoe
Super Red Neck Member
Super Red Neck Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: whats your favorite bullet Reply with quote

I realy like nosler bullets the balistic tip is one accurate bullet, the partiton is a great bullet for the big stuff, and now with the accubond i think they have all there bases covered.

P E T A
People Eating Tasty Animals
Flint54

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: whats your favorite bullet Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes This poll is very similar to the one that was on savageshooters. I had even thought to put this one up here but seems I'm behind the 8 ball.

Anyway the way they posed the question was if you had to buy only one Manufacturer's bullets what brand would it be.

My choice hands down is Nosler, the reason is very simple. Nosler makes bullets for any and all types of hunting & shooting. Ballistic Tips for varmints or Hunting, Partitions and Accubond for very controlled expansion, J4 Custom Competition Match Bullets, Flat Nose Solid Base and Partitions for lever actions with tube magazines. Then the Handgun/Pistol Bullet Line, TMJ's, SPs, HPs and even Partitions for handguns. To me there is no other company with the depth of selection ant the quality of the bullets is unquestionable. I know of many High Power rifle shooters that use nothing but the Nosler 125gr BT .308 bullet for all shooting out to 300yds and would never switch. Wink
grimel

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: whats your favorite bullet Reply with quote

Nosler Partitions and cast. Oh and I like Rem Corlocts 180gr 30-06 for deer.

Lindy Cooper Wisdom

Joel
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: whats your favorite bullet Reply with quote

Hi, Boyziz,

I'm playing with some Hornady SST's in .270 (130g).

Really like what I'm seeing, but I guess the proof comes in late fall, no?

Be Safe, Have fun!

Joel
DallanC
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: whats your favorite bullet Reply with quote

Hunting Nosler Partition.

Plinking Sierra Gamekings.

-DallanC
A17Shooter

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: whats your favorite bullet Reply with quote

On my recent prairie dog trip all except 50 rds were Hornady VMax. Those 50 were 55 gr 22 cal Sierra Blitz, not BlitzKing. The old version of the Sierra bullets do still work very well, they just don't have as good a BC. I do shoot a fair number of Sierra bullets, but Hornady makes the 17s and Sierra doesn't. Crying or Very sad

A17Shooter

Blaine

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: whats your favorite bullet Reply with quote

Hunting, Nosler Partitions....
Load work ups, Nosler Bal tip and accubonds Actually I have found the accubonds to be extremely consistent in weight from bullet to bullet (I just weighed a box of 140 gr 270's and they were within .1 gr of each other) and if they hold together as advertised, they should make an excellent hunting bullet.

Blaine

shrpshtrjoe
Super Red Neck Member
Super Red Neck Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: whats your favorite bullet Reply with quote

I hear ya Blaine, I will be gettin my 308 back in two weeks and have 2 boxs of 150gr accubonds ordered i can't wait to shoot them Very Happy . I have high hopes for them it should make a exellent deer round Very Happy

P E T A
People Eating Tasty Animals
Rick_Teal

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: whats your favorite bullet Reply with quote

I voted Nosler because they're my favourite among those listed. However, my favourite bullets are what I call "Teal's Hammer". A little number I make up in my basement.

turko77
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: whats your favorite bullet Reply with quote

I've shot partitions for the last 20 years in my 280, made up some accubonds in the same load,shot just as good.WILL never give up the partition for hunting, it's plain and simple to me from hunting with this bullet that was developed in the late 50's, if you are going to to go hunting,use partitions. The accubond is a very well made bullet,but it could be that one trophy that you have been after your whole life and I sure as hell want that bullet to be a partition.I shot accubonds in all the rifles that shoot(except the 260) and they are accurate as hell, I just can't let go of the partition.(260-125partitions,280-160partitions,(2)7mm-08-140partitions,7mm-mag-160partitions,308-150 partitions,300 savage-150 partitions. I will not shoot a nosler BT or have even tried because where I hunt is close shooting,basically under 250 yards. partitions,partitions,etc
Blaine

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 4:55 am    Post subject: Re: whats your favorite bullet Reply with quote

turko77, I also have used partitions in my 270 for 20 years and have never lost a deer (never had one go more than 75 yards). The only size I could get commercially loaded was 150 gr. My gun likes 130 & 140 grs bullets better so now that I'm back into reloading, I'm working up loads with 130 gr partitions and 140 gr Accubonds. Before switching to the Accubonds for hunting though, I will have to shoot some wet phone books. I trust Nosler and always have, so when they say the Accubonds will hold together, they probably will. Time will tell.

Joe, You say you bought a couple of boxes of accubonds. I thought you hand loaded?

Blaine

turko77
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: whats your favorite bullet Reply with quote

Heh Blaine,please let me know how those accubonds do on those phone books.It would be really great if you could post some pics :o) I still shoot lots of accubonds and even went on nosler's forum and asked them to make 6.5mm's for my 260.I am with ya that the accubonds will hold together, but when I can buy nosler partition 2nds for almost the same price I got to stick with them for hunting.
DallanC
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: whats your favorite bullet Reply with quote

Welcome to the site turko77

-DallanC
Blaine

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: whats your favorite bullet Reply with quote

I will post pic's and all the pertinent data as soon as I get the tests done.

Blaine

Bushmaster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: whats your favorite bullet Reply with quote

I use Speer 170 gr FN for .30-30 and 165 gr BTHP for .30-06. My pistol bullets are Hornady, Winchester bulk and Remington bulk.

Last edited by Bushmaster on Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Reloading Ammunition
Page 1 of 4