Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2452
  · Views: 824075
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

COVID-19
Discussion that doesnt fit other Topics
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
inthedark

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: CONVID-19 Reply with quote

Bushy- I am considered a republican. I am glad that I am a Canadian. But when something is wrong it is wrong. Now lets turn to Canadian politics oh yes the libertards/.democrat PM tried to get UNLIMITED access to the purse strings for 21 months with NO oversight from parliament. What gives???? Proves no party is above the other crooks are crooks. Slim Jim has T Roosevelt's quote down proper and i agree with it 100%

War is sweet to those who have no experience of it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach - Pindar 518-438 BC

Be Copy now of Men of Grosser Blood and TEACH THEM HOW TO WAR
PaulS

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: CONVID-19 Reply with quote

Trump wasn't withholding the money, Pelosi was trying to put parts of the Green New Deal in and add a raise for the representatives. She tried to tack on an extra trillion and a half dollars to the plan with things that did nothing for fighting the pandemic.

So and So's pages on the internet = NOT reliable loading data
Always check data against manuals
NEVER exceed maximum listed loads
Elvis

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:06 am    Post subject: Re: CONVID-19 Reply with quote

ok the last figure that was thrown about here will see every man woman and child in NZ with a $10,000 dept in thier name for fighting this pandemic...eg the govt will BORROW 10k (from where??? the chinese???) to pay subsidies of wages,medical bills etc etc etc
at some point in the future that 10k each will have to be paid back...we had first fatality today and currently have just under 400 infected.....

now if we put a tarrif on imported goods its bad for trade so my idea is this

the virus came from china

if we put a total figue on clean up bill...we then put a tax of say 5% on any and everything we import from China untill that dept is cleared..so that $2 shop bottle of nail polish now will cost an extra .50 cents........that 30k car will contribute lots more but it will still take decades to pay that debt back....

I dont want my grandkids to be paying for something happening now....our retirement funds that we HAD to pay into are being sucked away at crazy rate...folk I know who are in 20s have lost 8k already.....

stay safe out there folks and protect your bubble.....you know the story with a bubble of protection dont you????
its like virginity,it only takes one prick and its gone forever.

Elvis

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:31 am    Post subject: Re: CONVID-19 Reply with quote

514 now....

Aloysius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:15 am    Post subject: Re: CONVID-19 Reply with quote

Elvis, watch out on what you propose. Now you say it's an extra tax for a special reason, next year they forget the reason and the tax will remain for the rest of all your lives!
Many years ago we were asked to pay a 1-time-only contribution of 6000 BEF (it would be about 150 euro now) for our social security system. The year after was changed from "1-time-only" to "yearly" and now I think it's around 350 euros every year…
and even with all these contributions, every thing is still in dept and they are still throwing away money as it's not theirs… oops, it's not theirs, it's ours!
inthedark

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: CONVID-19 Reply with quote

Paul- I watched the segment of trump saying well if they (dems) won't play well then there would be no further funds... or words to that effect.. what the hell. And you are correct they tried to give themselves a pay raise on the backs of an already overtaxed american public. They could give a rat's arse about the taxpayers. Elvis we are in the same situation in Canada, it will be decades to recover from this. People are not following the rules given out by US Centers for Disease Control, Health Canada, National Health Service dependant where you are in the world. Going out to the beach and congregating is tatimont to domestic terrorism. Fun Fact an employee in Hamilton Ontario charged in covid report... www.cloverdalereporter...-coughing/

War is sweet to those who have no experience of it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach - Pindar 518-438 BC

Bushmaster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: CONVID-19 Reply with quote

Yes...I know...I'm a bad boy.

Shot clays with Larry (Vince knows Larry). Plan to do it again on Monday as soon as we get more clay targets.

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
inthedark

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: CONVID-19 Reply with quote

Here is a news report from the Calgary Herald reporting the unprecedented power grab attempt by Justin Trudeau and the Liberal Party

calgaryherald.com/news...MrE7j65Zhw

Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: CONVID-19 Reply with quote

Bushmaster wrote:
Yes...I know...I'm a bad boy.

Shot clays with Larry (Vince knows Larry). Plan to do it again on Monday as soon as we get more clay targets.

Whereabouts did your shoot the clays mate? I can’t picture a large enough flat area at either yours or Larry’s place to setup a clay range.

Give Larry and his lovely lady my regards mate...like yourself, he is one of nature’s gentlemen...and I miss his dryer than dry sense of humour.

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: CONVID-19 Reply with quote

Elvis wrote:
if we put a total figue on clean up bill...we then put a tax of say 5% on any and everything we import from China untill that dept is cleared..so that $2 shop bottle of nail polish now will cost an extra .50 cents........that 30k car will contribute lots more but it will still take decades to pay that debt back....

Mate...I’m with Aloys 1000% on that idea. Politicians being politicians will NEVER let go of a money grab once they have it enshrined it in legislation. It is so easy to simply change the name of the tax, or even remove the name entirely and the money then goes into general revenue.

They did this over here back in the 70’s. When it became obvious many many years ago (back in the day when men were men and pansies were flowers...and you only saw snowflakes in winter time) the Govt instituted a 7% tax on wages that went into a separate account to cover the Old Age Pension as people retired. This went on for years and the balance of the Pension Account run into the billions of $ or in those days £. This bode well for both the Govt and the then ageing population. Then we got a Labor Govt voted in who were spending money like it grew on trees. It wasn’t long before the Govt was in deficit. Then the then Labor Prime Minister spied the Pension Account. Long story short...he gutted it to cover their spending, closed off the Pension Account and covered their deficit. However, they then had at their disposal a 7% tax that they didn’t have to argue for in Parliament. In effect, a 7% tax “increase” they could use as they saw fit. Consequently, the 7% tax to cover pensions became a 7% increase to general revenue. They then started changing the rules to reduce their liability for pensions the people had paid for over the years...and continued paying for!

So, as Aloys said...be very careful what you propose mate...once the Govt has it in place, they will never let it go...just rename it to something else.

I do however agree totally with your suggestion that a tax be placed on products coming from China be instituted, however the downside to that is business (who rivals the Govt for greed) will simply pass that increase on the the buyers. Also, every point in the supply chain will put their little cash grab on the products, effectively increasing the price beyond the initial increase.

Do I sound too cynical?

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)

Last edited by Vince on Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bushmaster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: CONVID-19 Reply with quote

We launched the clays out his back yard over the pasture just to the left of the large barn and over the cattle.

Aloysius

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:31 am    Post subject: Re: CONVID-19 Reply with quote

so the cattle doesn't care about clays and they are all wearing helmets now?

Smile

hope you were not using steel shot as the ironoxide inside hit annimals can cause lots of problems, it even kills trees and ennoyes the sawingmachines when lumber is cut of them...
Bushmaster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: CONVID-19 Reply with quote

Some for some reason, Aloysius, they tend to get bored and move off. They (the cattle) won't even bring us the missed clays.

No steel. Just burning up some old Winchester dove & quail #8 and 7 1/2.

Aloysius

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: CONVID-19 Reply with quote

Did you expect them to bring the clays without teaching them first? Then you have clever cattle… Better train your horse, that's easier. My horse once pointed me a fox I shot and couldn't find immediatly, but she is trained when I'm shooting pigeons in my backyard, then I have to collect them fast or she would make them hers...
dhc4ever

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: CONVID-19 Reply with quote

Well there is a new description now in the lexicon,
The COVIDIOT.
This apt description was first uttered against an idiot that proposed a solidarity march against covid 19 on one of those social media thingies.
I do not hold great hope of that one gaining traction (the march, not the name).

Question / Competition of the week, in quarintine how many loud blinks by your significant other will it take to ...........................
Fill in the blank.

Stay sane you lot.

Dont do anything you wont like explaining to the paramedics..............
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General
Page 7 of 20