19 years old
-> General

#1: 19 years old Author: TremblayLocation: Malta, Montana PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:37 pm
    ----
he's an idiot

#2: Re: 19 years old Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:01 pm
    ----
The anti-gunners have redefined "child". I think a 19 year old is not classified as a child. How would want to have a child handling a gun.

#3: Re: 19 years old Author: pete4dLocation: Dixie , Alabama , & Louisiana PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:27 pm
    ----
I like the picture Flag Cheers

#4: Re: 19 years old Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:48 am
    ----
The state I live in Queensland has a minimum age of 11 for a junior shooting license.
This allows the "child" to shoot under supervision by a licensed adult and travel with a firearm to an approved range with a non firearm licensed adult.
You should have heard the antis screaming about that, which was precisely why I got my son licensed at 11.
Bore it up them.

#5: Re: 19 years old Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:26 pm
    ----
I taught my kids to shoot when they could hold the gun and pull the trigger at the same time. My daughter was seven but my son was only six when he started going to the range with me.
I shot at the police range and the other shooters loved to see the kids there. What they didn't know was that they (my kids) had been handling and learning about guns since they could barely lift them. They could check and clear the gun before they were big enough to pull the trigger.
That is the only acceptable form of gun control there is.

#6: Re: 19 years old Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:10 am
    ----
Good work Pete. I want to get my grandsons licenced, but their mothers' aren't agreeable with it at this time.

#7: Re: 19 years old Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:16 am
    ----
I remember where I was at age 19, In Germany with two gunnery under my belt prepping to deploy to Operation Desert Shield/ Storm. I'm sure there are a lot of nuts out there that were in very similar situations. But mow at 19 years old they are considered children. Come on now someone better pull their head out of their fourth point of contact.

#8: Re: 19 years old Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:36 am
    ----
now had did that annoying song from the 80s go???
"the average age in Vietnam was nineteen na na na na na nineteen"
my son shoots ducks with me and he has just turned 12 this will be his third season. by his age I was hunting solo on the home farm.

#9: Re: 19 years old Author: RePeteLocation: Gods Country PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:12 am
    ----
Elvis wrote:
now had did that annoying song from the 80s go???
"the average age in Vietnam was nineteen na na na na na nineteen"
my son shoots ducks with me and he has just turned 12 this will be his third season. by his age I was hunting solo on the home farm.

Is this it?

www.last.fm/music/Paul...astle/_/19

#10: Re: 19 years old Author: radarLocation: North Island New Zealand PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:24 pm
    ----
Yeah, thats the song as annoying as it is, came out about the same time as Full Metal Jacket.
In NZ as long as you have a licenced gun owner beside you anyone can shoot.
My Missus comes out regularly now - no licence and as long as I'm in the near vicinity - within about 5 meters, no problems.
I had my boys shooting at 4 and 5 with the .22 at targets. At 12 my elder won the National 10M Air Pistol event for his age group (<21).

#11: Re: 19 years old Author: English MikeLocation: Whitehaven, Cumbria, UK PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:45 pm
    ----
I'm in the midst of reading a book right now that details the experiences of a 19 year old back at the beginning of the 1970's.

He was an aircraft commander flying the AH-1G Cobra in Vietnam.

Go back further & these young men were piloting B-17's & Avro Lancasters over Germany, or fighter aircraft in the Battle of Britain.

People like Biden are happy to send these 19 year old men off to "pursue diplomacy by other means" when it suits.

-> General