Inconsistancies In The Newtown Massacre
-> General

#1: Inconsistancies In The Newtown Massacre Author: BigBlueLocation: Lehigh Township, Pennsylvania PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:16 am
    ----
I know in their rush to report this horrendous murder rampage the media got several facts wrong, but several of them still don't add up.
It was initially reported that the shooter was found with two handguns and that an AR-15 was found in his car. This was later changed and the AR-15 was placed next to the shooter. Who was it that saw the AR-15 in the car and how did it get to be placed next to the shooter?
There were also reports that a man wearing camo was arrested in the woods next to the school and that two men were arrested fleeing the school in a van. What ever happened to these other men that were reportedly arrested?
I also remember hearing a student being interviewed after being taken to the firehouse who in his own words stated that he saw a man at the firehouse on the ground and handcuffed. It just doesn't seem reasonable that the student would have made up that story.
Don

#2: Re: Inconsistancies In The Newtown Massacre Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:24 am
    ----
I watched TV for a couple hrs. one week ago on Fri and Sat the reporting was the WORST i have ever seen Media was like a game to see who could be first. The interviewing of the children was BS, it's very sad that mainstream news media has resorted to the tabloid methodology all in the name of money. It's no longer necessary to buy an Enquirer or similar piece of trash when you can see it on TV now.

As if those cases of egregiously mistaken identity, miscount of firearms used, number of people involved weren't enough, producers and reporters began trolling Twitter, seeking to proposition friends and relatives of the victims for an interview.

Come to think of it, the media is guilty of doing what they criticize big business of — putting money (in this case, ratings, newsstand sales, and web traffic) ahead of humanity and decency. Just as greedy businessmen put profit and personal gain ahead of ethics, so to do our media outlets.

The entertainment-media complex promotes and glamorizes violence — for profit — in film and on TV. Meanwhile, the news media ensures that killers get the attention and fame they so desperately crave.

Meanwhile I now rank the media up with the politicians who's word is to be taken with a grain of salt.

Here is one web site that summarizes all the different stories of the shooting.

wtfrly.com/2012/12/16/...NXJyNdQC-U

#3: Re: Inconsistancies In The Newtown Massacre Author: shrpshtrjoeLocation: Maryland PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:27 am
    ----
Well put Omni..... I agree it's pretty sad Sad

-> General