Hurricane Sandy
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  :| |:
-> General

#46: Re: Hurricane Sandy Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:05 pm
    ----
I'm glad you're both OK! Who else do we have in the affected area?

#47: Re: Hurricane Sandy Author: radarLocation: North Island New Zealand PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:44 pm
    ----
Guess it shows, no matter how civilised, progressive and entrenched we are Mother Nature can still give us a kicking no matter where or when. Keep yourselves safe, and hope everything settles back to normal soon.

#48: Re: Hurricane Sandy Author: cbsweeneyLocation: New York PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:31 am
    ----
Checking in from Long Island. Glad to hear that everyone here is OK. It did get a little crazy around here for a while, lots of trees down, flooding, no electric, but things are starting to get back to normal. We were pretty lucky, only minor damage to our house, and we got our power back on Wednesday, but there are still thousands of people without power. Trivial problems compared to what some families have to deal with. Prayers and blessings to those poor people.

#49: Re: Hurricane Sandy Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:54 am
    ----
Glad to hear everyone is ok, was watching fox news and they said electrical crews that drove up to NJ from Alabama were turn down and sent packing because they were non-union. When disaster strikes, I think its an appropriate time to forget union and non union stuff and help the citizens. A few of the crews ended up in New York and were welcomed for their help.

www.foxbusiness.com/go...head-home/

blog.al.com/live/2012/...crews.html

#50: Re: Hurricane Sandy Author: TremblayLocation: Malta, Montana PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:22 am
    ----
I see on the news that it sounds like another storm is a coming to you

#51: Re: Hurricane Sandy Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:06 am
    ----
Ominivision1 wrote:
Glad to hear everyone is ok, was watching fox news and they said electrical crews that drove up to NJ from Alabama were turn down and sent packing because they were non-union. When disaster strikes, I think its an appropriate time to forget union and non union stuff and help the citizens. A few of the crews ended up in New York and were welcomed for their help.

www.foxbusiness.com/go...head-home/

blog.al.com/live/2012/...crews.html

I don't believe that garbage. That is when the Govt should step in and de-register the Union and prosecute the hierarchy.

On a different note...it had to happen, I'm surprised it has taken this long...see the pic below.

#52: Re: Hurricane Sandy Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:34 am
    ----
Laughing
that's a good one Vince!

--------
on another note, I saw the news where people are DEMANDING help from the authority..
I am not a doomsday follower, but I thought it is common sense to squirrel away some food stock for those days of emergency.
People know that it is going to happen, it is blaring on the news..
Why did they not stash some food and gas? wtf

#53: Re: Hurricane Sandy Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:43 am
    ----
you are too much Vman... just too much ROFL ROFL Point Point Laughing Laughing Laughing

#54: Re: Hurricane Sandy Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:59 am
    ----
Trying to decide if I'm going to bad mouth Vince for that dispicable photo of our lady or not. Then I realize that she is french to begin with and have decided to ROFL ......

#55: Re: Hurricane Sandy Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:01 am
    ----
Wasn't Marilyn famous for that pose in one of her pictures?

Dimitri

#56: Re: Hurricane Sandy Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:00 am
    ----
Dimitri I believe it was on 42nd street and an air vent caused the effect. probably one of the most famous photos of all time. one of the local resturants has a life sized statue of her, made off that photo!!!!!

#57: Re: Hurricane Sandy Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:04 pm
    ----
Ominivision1 wrote:
electrical crews that drove up to NJ from Alabama were turn down and sent packing because they were non-union. When disaster strikes, I think its an appropriate time to forget union and non union stuff and help the citizens.

Sad, unions were needed at one time. They have outlived their purpose and now do way more harm than good.

#58: Re: Hurricane Sandy Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:09 pm
    ----
when we had the big snow a few years back and it snapped most power poles we had crews from all over the country come here to help get things back in order. some lowlife scumbag pinched a generator off the back of a crew truck!!!!!
unions arent all bad it just becomes a problem when some stuck in the mud die hard cant see the wood for the trees.that issue of men/workers being turned away in a time of need is just plain silly/pigheadedness. I bet the vast majority of union members would be disgusted by those actions.

#59: Re: Hurricane Sandy Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:17 pm
    ----
Dimitri wrote:
Wasn't Marilyn famous for that pose in one of her pictures?

Dimitri
I was close Embarassed
1955 during the filming of "the seven year itch" outside the translux 52nd street theature located 586 lexington avenue manhattan. to be a little more precise Very Happy Very Happy

#60: Re: Hurricane Sandy Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:21 pm
    ----
Dimitri will appreciate your accuracy on the subject of Marilyn... Laughing

-> General