Now Here is Ironic!
-> General

#1: Now Here is Ironic! Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:22 pm
    ----
12 year old Oklahoma girl defends herself against a home invasion earlier this week.

Home Invasion

Now lets flip the coin and see what the Pediatricians are calling for!

Doctors More Gun Control for Kids

#2: Re: Now Here is Ironic! Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:56 pm
    ----
"Today she is being called a hero by many for her bravery."

That's Oklahoma for you! The other is New York City.

#3: Re: Now Here is Ironic! Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:17 pm
    ----
If she is in Oz, she will be known as a "tragic Victim".

#4: Re: Now Here is Ironic! Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:12 pm
    ----
gelandangan wrote:
If she is in Oz, she will be known as a "tragic Victim".

So true Gelan...a tragic victim that would most likely be raped and murdered.

This young lass is most definitely a hero...a hero that is prepared to stand up to a felon and defend herself. Only problem I can see is she needs a bit more practice at hitting the A Zone.

After reading the article from the Pediatric mob...I can't really argue with their points...right up until the political crap started when they mention the assault rifle ban. As Slim said...Oklahoma and New York.

I agree strongly with the sentiment that everybody in the household, that has access to a firearm, needs to be familiar with the firearm and have practiced shooting it so that nothing comes as a surprise and they are competent, or at least comfortable, with the firearm.

Additionally, I believe it is wise to secure firearms, not only away from the kids, but away from felons as well that break and enter. Securing firearms will prevent many of the problems the Pediatricians raise in relation to impulsive juveniles and suicide. Unfortunately, in this day and age, stress, anxiety and depression is running rife through the ranks of teenagers because of the high stress lifestyle society is living. There are too many high expectations placed on young kids heads to perform. Then there is the gang culture in New York and other places...very nasty. Again, there are expectations placed on gang members to "defend their turf", usually at any cost. This adds to the stress levels of many juveniles.

#5: Re: Now Here is Ironic! Author: radarLocation: North Island New Zealand PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:03 pm
    ----
Can't argue with that Vince, I see it with local dissaffect youth gangs, we're lucky in the respect that we don't have the firearms issues but they sure as hell love knives and bludgeoning weapons which can be really messy.

#6: Re: Now Here is Ironic! Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:46 pm
    ----
Nope Gelan, wouldnt happen.
The perp would be the "Victim".
She would be in gaol for assault with a deadly weapon, discharging a firearm in a public place and having a firearm in her possession without a licence.
Her parents would be facing firearm related charges revolving around secure storage.
The scumbag would be getting "counseling" and a free lawyer.

#7: Re: Now Here is Ironic! Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:53 pm
    ----
dhc4ever wrote:
She would be in gaol for assault with a deadly weapon, discharging a firearm in a public place and having a firearm in her possession without a licence.
Her parents would be facing firearm related charges revolving around secure storage.

Yeah that could happen too!

In Oz she would have two choices, got raped at home, or got raped in jail..

#8: Re: Now Here is Ironic! Author: BigBlueLocation: Lehigh Township, Pennsylvania PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:18 pm
    ----
dhc4ever wrote:

Sounds a lot like New York City! Talk about a world turned upside down. Mad As for me, if the perp didn't call the police why should I feel obliged to do so. I'll be out back turning over the compost pile.
Don

#9: Re: Now Here is Ironic! Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:37 pm
    ----
Aah yes The three s'...Shoot, shovel and shutup.

-> General