Gun shop incident
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#1: Gun shop incident Author: Gil MartinLocation: Schnecksville, PA PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:12 pm
    ----
I was in a gun shop on Saturday to buy an excellent used Remington 1100 12 gauge semi-auto. The paperwork was completed and I put the shotgun in a case. The store policy is that one if their staff have to carry firearms from the gun department to the checkout counter. As the clerk picked up the gun case, the Remington slid out and smacked the tile floor breaking the buttplate and cracking the butstock. The clerk was really upset and I felt bad for him. I did not pick up the shotgun and left the store.

Today I learned that my gunsmith has two brand new Remington 1100 replacement stocks and forends at discount prices. I called the gun shop and told them to discount the 1100 and I would buy. They did lower the price and I pick it up on Friday. I like a story that ends well. All the best...
Gil

#2: Re: Gun shop incident Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:21 pm
    ----
Very nice, happy ending to an unforunate incident.

-DallanC

#3: Re: Gun shop incident Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:34 pm
    ----
Once again you shows all up by capturing a great deal. I have never seen someone who seems to be in the right place at the right time.

#4: Re: Gun shop incident Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:20 am
    ----
good score. those 1100s have a good name Im sure it will serve you well.

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions