Ironic !! Microstamping Pistols
-> General

#1: Ironic !! Microstamping Pistols Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:06 am
    ----
Isn't it Ironic that Springfield, Kimber, Remington, Smith & Wesson, Ruger, Mossberg, Colt and Savage just to name a few all have their manufacturing factories in very unfriendly gun states? Looks like a few have threatened to move westward where it's guns won the West.

www.foxnews.com/politi...-relocate/

www.gunsandammo.com/20...o-go-west/

#2: Re: Ironic !! Microstamping Pistols Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:01 am
    ----
They'd be more than welcome in my State, its one of the most gun friendly states out there... we've had Browning for years, I'll bet all the other big MFGs would thrive here.

-DallanC

#3: Re: Ironic !! Microstamping Pistols Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:16 pm
    ----
What is sad about this stupid law if it passes is I can think off the top of my head ways to defeat this.

Ways I can think of off hand to defeat microstamping.
1. pick up brass at range or from someone else
2. do the above and leave at scene if your a criminal
3. use a revolver
4. use brass catcher for autos
5. criminals can steal guns from legal owners and implicate them if doing crime before owner reports it stolen
6. file end of firing pin
7. shoot 1000 rounds to wear off firing pin id
8. replace firing pin

But then they would pass a law making defacing a firing pin illegal. Next we will have checks by LEO's to "make sure the microstamp is intact". A registered firing pin list will then be enacted, registration and fees will be needed for all replacement firing pins...

As Stovey would say "Stupid Liberals".

#4: Re: Ironic !! Microstamping Pistols Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:24 pm
    ----
So head stamping a firing pin is going to stop people committing crimes with firearms?
No
Are the police going to be there to stop crimes if the criminal has a head stamped firing pin?
You must be joking.
Have these cretins ever heard of sandpaper?
The resulting removal would take less than 5 minutes.
Oh we've thought of that we'll make that a crime.
How about they enforce the laws they currently have.
How did people so stupid get into and remain in politics?

#5: Re: Ironic !! Microstamping Pistols Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:04 pm
    ----
Some pollies just want to make news..

#6: Re: Ironic !! Microstamping Pistols Author: BigBlueLocation: Lehigh Township, Pennsylvania PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:45 pm
    ----
gelandangan wrote:
Some pollies just want to make news..

Yep, do something even if it's wrong.
Don

#7: Re: Ironic !! Microstamping Pistols Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:56 pm
    ----
Politicians must just sit around trying to think of stupid things that aren't technically practical so they can pass a law requiring it...

#8: Re: Ironic !! Microstamping Pistols Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:10 pm
    ----
DallanC wrote:
They'd be more than welcome in my State, its one of the most gun friendly states out there... we've had Browning for years, I'll bet all the other big MFGs would thrive here.

-DallanC

Now there's a thought Dallan. If they move to your neck of the woods you will have an instant job I reckon. They would need someone to program all of their computers and CNC machines. You would really hate working with firearms, wouldn't you mate.

Cheers, Vince

#9: Re: Ironic !! Microstamping Pistols Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:59 pm
    ----
what morons!!!!!!

#10: Re: Ironic !! Microstamping Pistols Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:20 pm
    ----
Here's a thought....keep thugs and nuts in jail where they belong and microstamp their gddamn forehead FELON in 2" tall letters.

Congress can pass all the BS laws they want but until they ditch this liberal justice system and actually enforce the law's on the books it won't make one bit of differance as thugs don't but guns over the counter!

STUPID LIBERALS.

-> General