Support our advertisers...
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> General

#16: Re: Support our advertisers... Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:36 am
    ----
I'm out of here

#17: Re: Support our advertisers... Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:58 am
    ----
What's up Omni...Expecting a cold winter up your way?

#18: Re: Support our advertisers... Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:01 am
    ----
Massive thread-jack! Massive!

#19: Re: Support our advertisers... Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:22 pm
    ----
Ominivision1 wrote:
Bushmaster wrote:
Bikini chick?? Where??

Just for you Bushy 4 of them:-D Very Happy

*edit: removed uber nastyness... thats just plain wrong. If it wasnt an attachment i would have just changed it to a link. Seeing that this early in the morning is wrong -DallanC

I agree Dallan, I had 2nd thoughts but could not delete it when I logged in latter on, no more "uber nastyness" pics. Smile

#20: Re: Support our advertisers... Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:34 pm
    ----
I'm back in.

#21: Re: Support our advertisers... Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:04 pm
    ----
You sure are a brave soul...

#22: Re: Support our advertisers... Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:56 pm
    ----
slimjim wrote:
Elvis wrote:
which shows thier skill at stalking to get within 50-75 yrds to make clean kills.

yep, that is crossbow range. I spent some tome looking at Carbon Express's crossbow also. Sweet!
not where I come from its not Embarassed
if they were that good more bowhunters would use them but they scorn them like fleas on the dog. that range is too far for a clean kill with buckshot to be reliable and that has alot more chance of doing the biz. I could be proven wrong but all the crossbows I ve seen have small bolts/mini arrows not more than a foot long. doesnt matter how hard you throw a feather its still a feather. now replace it with a steel bolt as was used way back or even a fibreglass solid shaft and you get sectional density =killing power.

#23: Re: Support our advertisers... Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:03 am
    ----
Elvis wrote:
not where I come from its not :oops:
if they were that good more bowhunters would use them but they scorn them like fleas on the dog.

ok? I only have experince with a compound bow. I can shoot reliably accurate out to 30 yards. I know some expert archers can do 50. I haven't shot a crossbow but thought they were more accurate. The bolts are heavier than my arrows. Can someone with crossbow experience add a few posts?

#24: Re: Support our advertisers... Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:33 pm
    ----
So anywho..back on topic.

Many thanks to Overstock.com for all their help.

On top of my old furniture being really shabby something in it was eating me alive and it hurt! After my hitch-hikers (fire ants, chiggers, who knows what) from the bush were removed with the old furniture I steamed the carpets and built up the new furniture as it arrived. Every single thing was replaced made of wood or fabric with new. (white shelf with the black covers is my custom urban reloading bench- Glen's favorite bulb finally burned out, sorry Sad )

So now thanks to the O we got a comfy place to sip a cup o' joe in the AM watchin' Bow Hunt or Die....good way to start the day.

Thanks Big O! Very Happy

Note to self- no more cleanin' birds on the sofa...or plopping down on same with bushckin' clothes on! Yikes!

#25: Re: Support our advertisers... Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:51 pm
    ----
Don't trip over that cord...

Nice...

#26: Re: Support our advertisers... Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:58 pm
    ----
Got a color matched cord protector... Very Happy

Thanks Bossman. Razz

#27: Re: Support our advertisers... Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:15 am
    ----
Stovey, looks good. Like the color coordinated cover on the reloading press. Expecting some female company over to show off your new set-up?

#28: Re: Support our advertisers... Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:28 am
    ----
We got all kinda female thing's runnin' loose 'round the Ponderosa slim!

#29: Re: Support our advertisers... Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:15 am
    ----
Ponderosa?? Where'd that come from? Or are we calling Slimjim "Ponderosa Slim" now?

#30: Re: Support our advertisers... Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:49 am
    ----
Always called my spots the Ponderosa. I got some Ponderosa stuff too 2nd shelf up on the lamp there's a Ponderosa tin cup from WAY back....etc.

-> General