375 H&H Magnum "Super" Penetration and Recoil Testing
-> Reloading Ammunition

#1: 375 H&H Magnum "Super" Penetration and Recoil Testing Author: jungle PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:57 pm
    ----
375 H&H Magnum "Super" Testing Video

I test a 300 grain monolithic solid from 375 H&H Super at nearly 2800 fps at 10 feet from cinder block; a little much even for the solid. "Super" because it matches the 375 Ultra Mag and approximates the 378 Weatherby.

So I do second test back at 20 feet.

And the recoil from this monster is tamed by my proprietary recoil reducing and rifle balancing system. It feels like shooting my 7mm.

#2: Re: 375 H&H Magnum "Super" Penetration and Recoil Testing Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:45 pm
    ----
Not sure about that video, it is NOT Youtube.

#3: Re: 375 H&H Magnum "Super" Penetration and Recoil Testing Author: Donut SlayerLocation: Pensacola, Florida PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:53 pm
    ----
I'm not clicking it. NoNo

#4: Re: 375 H&H Magnum "Super" Penetration and Recoil Testing Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:44 pm
    ----
It's a legitimate sever for you tube hosted in Belgium. Hence the letters .be.

Just one question for the OP, why did the 1st container move before the bullet hit?

#5: Re: 375 H&H Magnum "Super" Penetration and Recoil Testing Author: Donut SlayerLocation: Pensacola, Florida PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:31 pm
    ----
Ominivision1 wrote:
It's a legitimate sever for you tube hosted in Belgium. Hence the letters .be.

Just one question for the OP, why did the 1st container move before the bullet hit?
looks like they rotated the jug before the shot.

#6: Re: 375 H&H Magnum "Super" Penetration and Recoil Testing Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:52 am
    ----
DS, don't blame me Smile
Now when Omini points to .be, does this also mean that picture in made in Belgium? Then I sure would like to know where it's still allowed to have fun and to shoot at such stuff...
On the other hand it's always nice that someone likes the old .375 H&H. And it's always good to learn about it's power, you never know some nasty animal would escape from a zoo. I think even my name is mentioned somewhere in the village's papers in case something should escape from the local zoo. Maybe 1 day I visit it myself and leave a gate open somewhere, but for now I'm still using reduced loads on my .375 H&H most of the time. My shooting range doesn't allow that caliber, so I can only use it on roedeer, dove, rabbits and foxes. But wild boar coming closer should also give some extra opportinities Smile

Just 1 remark: I hope the jugs were filled with water because home-made jenever, wodka or slyvovitch does also come in such packaging...

#7: Re: 375 H&H Magnum "Super" Penetration and Recoil Testing Author: GrumulkinLocation: Central Ohio PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:19 am
    ----

The 375 H&H Magnum is a fine cartridge as this African Wildcat found out thanks to a 300 grain FMJ out of one of mine. It wasn't downloaded either.

Fortunately, since I have my own shooting range, I shoot anything I like.

#8: Re: 375 H&H Magnum "Super" Penetration and Recoil Testing Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:20 pm
    ----
Ominivision1 wrote:

Muzzle blast, it is a 375 after all! Razz

#9: Re: 375 H&H Magnum "Super" Penetration and Recoil Testing Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:04 pm
    ----
Grumulkin, that's how I like them best, but when you continue to grab them by the tail like that, one day you'll get a shower that will make you the perfect decoy for such hunting Smile

#10: Re: 375 H&H Magnum "Super" Penetration and Recoil Testing Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:06 pm
    ----
Eeeeew! The smell that lasts forever!

#11: Re: 375 H&H Magnum "Super" Penetration and Recoil Testing Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:15 pm
    ----
Aloysius wrote:
Grumulkin, that's how I like them best, but when you continue to grab them by the tail like that, one day you'll get a shower that will make you the perfect decoy for such hunting Smile

Confused wtf wtf Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Embarassed Embarassed Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Laughing Laughing Laughing

Cheers, Vince

-> Reloading Ammunition