It's almost Time
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14, 15, 16  Next  :| |:
-> Waterfowl Hunting

#151: Re: It's almost Time Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:18 pm
    ----
if the choking I put in dies I will just "prune off" some more and start again!!!!
5 1/2 more sleeps to endure!!

#152: Re: It's almost Time Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:30 am
    ----
boat ready oars n rowlocks in place motor checked, fuel can ready to be filled, decoys,weights,nylon all in boat, lifejackets stowed ,stools,beer,cooker,gas bottle,175 rounds .12ga, callers duck/goose/parrie, binos, face paint,gloves,hat,waders, camo nets, excretement entrenchment excavation tool sharpened and placed in boat....ha ha just remembered the pooh paper....got that packed now too. only guns cloths and food to pack Thursday evening...back to work tomorrow, how on earth will I keep mind on the job????

#153: Re: It's almost Time Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:48 am
    ----
Elvis, be carefull, when you get too excited you might eject too early...

#154: Re: It's almost Time Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:35 pm
    ----
Aloysius wrote:
Elvis, be carefull, when you get too excited you might eject too early...

Hm...trying to hunt with an empty chamber could prove to be frustrating in the very least. Laughing

#155: Re: It's almost Time Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:19 am
    ----
got through the day...just...
4 and 1/2 sleeps to go.

#156: Re: It's almost Time Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:49 pm
    ----
I think I am beginning to understand the frenzy on opening day........

Good luck Elvis!

#157: Re: It's almost Time Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:47 pm
    ----
another day down. had around 100 parrie ducks on the farm I was spreading fert on today. teasing me they was!!!
3 1/2 to get through.

#158: Re: It's almost Time Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:05 am
    ----
PaulS wrote:
I think I am beginning to understand the frenzy on opening day........

Good luck Elvis!
I will try to shed some light on it for you.... Shocked
some guys just shoot the opening weekend,they are there for the mateship,the beer the B.S. or just to get away
some guys are casual shooters and tag along with the more obsessed again for the mateship and maybe a little more for the shooting
others well we live in hope that this may just be "our year" when all our ducks get in a row so to speak and everything "clicks" the ducks pour in at a steady rate and the dog works well
thats another type of fella.. who shoots for the love of watching the dog/dogs do their thing.
some of us who get the bug bad have reoccuring nightmares for weeks before hand.. common themes are forgot the shotgun/ammo/ didnt but a licence, pond dries up or horror of horrors sleeps in!!!!!! Shocked Shocked
I confess that I didnt get too serious till my early twenties but it gets worse each year. I look forward to this weekend as we get to catch up with mates and fellas who we dont see from year to year. we shoot a few birds not a huge tally but enough for a feed. it is tradition now as we have shot this spot for going on ten years, my good old black bitch Buttons is buried by our possie so I go and say hello and sit by her awhile.
the acorns we have chucked around for the ducks and some of the hundres of seedling Ive tried to transplant have stuck so there is now small oaks there hopefully my son and god willing grandkids can shoot ducks feeding under those trees.
we started out paddling over to the island in/on all manner of craft, I even used a truck tyre in a wool sack one year, now with the tinny life is easier but man do we cart some stuff.
well hope that clears it up some what for youall
must get of to bed and try to sleep.
Elvis.

#159: Re: It's almost Time Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:58 am
    ----
one and a half more sleeps to go!!!!!
best weather forcast for ages, southerly wind rain and even a chance of snow!!!!!
BRING IT ON!!!!!

#160: Re: It's almost Time Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:17 am
    ----
@ Elvis: enjoy the weather, but me and my family go North tomorow...

signed: Donald D. & C°

Smile

#161: Re: It's almost Time Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:48 am
    ----
Aloysius wrote:
@ Elvis: enjoy the weather, but me and my family go North tomorow...

signed: Donald D. & C°

Smile

Haha Haha Haha Haha

#162: Re: It's almost Time Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:16 am
    ----
Very Happy Aloy you are a quack up!!!! Very Happy Very Happy

#163: Re: It's almost Time Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:30 pm
    ----
less than 24hrs to go now so I better get my lazy butt busy and pack my cloths and food.
woohooo let me at em
let me splat em!!!

#164: Re: It's almost Time Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:53 pm
    ----
Don't forget the pics.

#165: Re: It's almost Time Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:36 pm
    ----
Omni,
I'm pretty sure he knows what duck look like - he really doesn't need to pack pictures for that......

OH! you mean to bring back pics.. Got it! Smile

-> Waterfowl Hunting