7mm X 300 Win Mag
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#1: 7mm X 300 Win Mag Author: gabane PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:36 am
    ----
I am looking for load data for a 7mm X 300 Win Mag, also known as a 284 jarrett. Anyone out there that could help me out I would really appreciate it.

Regards,
Geary

#2: Re: 7mm X 300 Win Mag Author: shrpshtrjoeLocation: Maryland PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:58 am
    ----
Welcome to the HuntingNut gabane. I'll see what i can dig up.
Joe

#3: Re: 7mm X 300 Win Mag Author: wrestledonce PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:21 pm
    ----
I recently purchased at 284 Jarrett custom build and have been looking for load data for the round. A good thing with the custom gun is that they build two rounds to go with the gun that shoot sub 0.5 MOA. Assuming your gun was built by Jarrett, then you can call in with your SN and they will email you the load data built specifically for that gun...

Having said that, I was hoping to find additional loads with different powders, bullet sizes, etc... so I could have build a table with options. I am fairly new to reloading but for this gun, I have bought all of the equipment.

For my gun, the following 2 x loads were developed by Kenney Jarretts staff.

140 gr Nosler ballistic tip, 77g RL19, Fed 215 primers, RP 300 win mag brass, LOA 3.420, vel=3,443 ft/s and avg group of 0.427".

160 gr Nosler partition, 80 g Vhita Vouri N170, Fed 215 primers, RP 300 Win mag brass, LOA 3.335", vel= 3,278 ft/s and avg group of 0.504".

I haven't seen the Vhita Vouri N170 powder, would like to stay with the RL, IMR 4350, H 4831 powders.

I have been told you could start with the 7mm-300 Weatherby Mag load data and it should be fairly close, but the above seems quite a bit hotter...

Hope this helps... I will be working up loads over the next few months and would be happy to share data.

If you get the data for your gun (assuming it was a Jarret custom) I would appreciate it if you could pass it on to me.

Thanks.

Chris

#4: Re: 7mm X 300 Win Mag Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:27 pm
    ----
welcome wrestledonce good to see you come up with a possible solution for this guy. guys like yourself willing to share are welcome around the campfire.

#5: Re: 7mm X 300 Win Mag Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:20 am
    ----
Welcome aboard wrestledonce, grab a beer and pull up a stump to the fire mate.

Personally, I'm not familiar with the 284 Jarrett, but I'm sure that there will be someone here who is, in one way or another mate. In the meantime, do some research into developing a load for your rifle.

As a start...
RL19 fits in between H4350 (a little faster than RL19) and H4831 (a little slower than RL19).
H1000 is very close to N170 but is slower than RL19, in fact it is slightly slower than RL22.
Actual load data I am not in a position to provide because I am not familiar with the calibre, although I'm sure you can find a good start point using Google.

#6: Re: 7mm X 300 Win Mag Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:19 am
    ----
Nothing like sittin' around the fire with kindred spirits.

Welcome aboard gabane and wrestledonce.

#7: Re: 7mm X 300 Win Mag Author: wrestledonce PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:37 am
    ----
DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...

That about sums up my thoughts on the current administration... very nice quote that I will have to soon copy.

Some of my other favorites...

When robbing Peter to pay Paul, Paul will ALWAYS support and vote for more of it.

A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else. John Burroughs

The Government cannot give to anybody what it doesn't TAKE from somebody first... Dr. Adrian Rodgers.

#8: Re: 7mm X 300 Win Mag Author: wrestledonce PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:51 am
    ----
I have been able to get some additional data from Jarrett on loads with various bullets. Send me a PM or email and I will forward an excel sheet to you that has all the data on it.

Chris

#9: Re: 7mm X 300 Win Mag Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:00 am
    ----
Welcome mate!

#10: Re: 7mm X 300 Win Mag Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:13 am
    ----
May I ask a (maybe stupid) question?
Why make a 7 mm x 300 WM when you have standard a 7 mm RM? Is there much difference in performance between these 2 rounds?
(this doesn't mean I wouldn't want to try to make it, when it was allowed in my country without all these stupid interferences from our government)

#11: Re: 7mm X 300 Win Mag Author: wrestledonce PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:42 am
    ----
The gun was available at a good price... I would have preferred that it was in any "standard" round compared to the wildcat. 300 win mag, short mag, 7mm Rem mag, etc...

I did not have a wild cat special built for me...

However, having shot the gun, with the custom muzzle brake that Jarrett puts on it, there is not much recoil for the size of the bang... but if you prone, be prepared to send a lot of grass flying from the front of the barrel.

#12: Re: 7mm X 300 Win Mag Author: SingleShotLoverLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:53 am
    ----
wrestledonce wrote:
However, having shot the gun, with the custom muzzle brake that Jarrett puts on it, there is not much recoil for the size of the bang... but if you prone, be prepared to send a lot of grass flying from the front of the barrel.

As well as making yourself the most unpopular shooter on the range due to the sound of your muzzle-blast! Mad

Nothing wrong with the occasional wildcat. I've had a few in the past (K Hornet, .218 Mashurn Bee, 7mm BR before Remington started making brass and etc.) but finally grew tired of the hassle of case forming, specialty dies and etc. They have their place and can be quite educational. Have fun, but stay safe!

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions