Went to an Estate Sale
-> General

#1: Went to an Estate Sale Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:24 am
    ----
Last weekend I came home with 2 guns from an estate sale, one is an old Stevens Springfield M83 single shot 22 LR,L,S rifle and the other is a single shot 410 shotgun made by the Crescent Fire Arms Company of Norwich,CT (1892 to 1931). Barrel is stamped "Star Leader".

The Stevens M83 22 was made from 1935 to 1939 as far as I can tell from my books. I'll post pictures when I get the guns back tomorrow from LGS as he is doing a full check including magna fluxing since the guns are over 70 years old.

Also bid on 2 BP revolvers and lost out. Crying or Very sad

#2: Re: Went to an Estate Sale Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:20 pm
    ----
another .410 to go get some game with. good on you bud great buying.

#3: Re: Went to an Estate Sale Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:36 am
    ----
Picked up the little Stevens 22 this am and it had a clean bill of health, will be picking up the 410 tomorrow and found out it was a later model that did not have the Damascus or twisted barrel. Heading back over to the auction as today is the last day. There was a few Jeffery rifles and doubles as one was chambered for the 505 gibbs and the weight of that gun had to be 12lbs or more. I can imagine that the start bid will be high for them rifles.

#4: Re: Went to an Estate Sale Author: fnuserLocation: S.W. Missouri, U.S.A. PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:02 am
    ----
That .22 is exactly like mine but mine is lacking trigger guard and is roll marked J.C. Higgins. It was our Dad's. Both my brother and I learned to shooot with it.

#5: Re: Went to an Estate Sale Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:56 pm
    ----
go get those Jefferys and we will all be jealous!!!

-> General