Time for a laugh...at my expense, AGAIN !!
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> Spam-O-Rama

#16: Re: Time for a laugh...at my expense, AGAIN !! Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:40 pm
    ----
You have MY sympathy buddy!!!!! Sad
unlike these other heathens I do feel sorry for you. Sad

now I was cutting up a tomato with a very sharp knife a year or 2 back and dropped the knife I resisted the urge to catch it but it hit the floor then fell over and sliced right through the skin on my big toe,just avoiding the important bits of said appendage !!!! Embarassed Embarassed
my wife was cutting up apples for apple sauce to go with wild pork using the same knife and sliced the hand right down to but not cutting the tendons!! Embarassed wtf
I gave that knife away. Very Happy Very Happy
heal up soon Matey.

#17: Re: Time for a laugh...at my expense, AGAIN !! Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:25 am
    ----
Thanks Elvis...that's much appreciated mate...but you have my permission to laugh mate...even I have had a bit of a chuckle about the whole bloody mess.

Not sure how long I will be laughing though mate...it's getting damned sore right now.

Cheers, Vince

#18: Re: Time for a laugh...at my expense, AGAIN !! Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:57 am
    ----
Elvis, did you give that knife to Vince?
Here we say that we leave this live in the state we entered it... maybe Vince is already showing us how true that statement is... Smile

@Vince, just to support you a little in these unpleasant events I want to say you: think about it, it could always be worse. You could have started you nap as Vince and ended it as Victoria...

#19: Re: Time for a laugh...at my expense, AGAIN !! Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:58 am
    ----
need to anethatise it.... drink more beer!!!

#20: Re: Time for a laugh...at my expense, AGAIN !! Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:03 am
    ----
By the way Vince: better not use iso-propyl-alcohol to clean wounds. I asked my doctor/daughter when she returned home yesterday evenening and using alcohols to desinfect wounds from the outside is something out of ancient history, normal humans stopped this even long before Bushy was born...

#21: Re: Time for a laugh...at my expense, AGAIN !! Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:27 am
    ----
we stopped peeing on them to the same effect too!! but it does still work!!!

#22: Re: Time for a laugh...at my expense, AGAIN !! Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 5:56 am
    ----
Alcohol? Pee? They do seem to go together...One first then the other.

#23: Re: Time for a laugh...at my expense, AGAIN !! Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:16 am
    ----
Thanks Aloys...I won't pour IPA on open wounds anymore mate.

I have a fairly reasonable First Aid Kit that has pretty much everything I am likely to need...only thing I don't have is injectables, but I do have syringes, and even sutures. If you try hard enough you can work out a way of using many common things for other than which they were designed. But that is another story entirely.

Cheers, Vince

#24: Re: Time for a laugh...at my expense, AGAIN !! Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 3:17 pm
    ----
Vince wrote:
Thanks Joe...should be all healed within 10 days...I hope. Very Happy Very Happy

My brother cut himself probably just as deep as your cut once on his forearm. Doctor said about 10 days too if memory serves, but that only is if you don't use that limb at all. Laughing

Actually his scare is still quite visible. And appeared to get bigger as the days went on with his stitches attached to him.

Dimitri

#25: Re: Time for a laugh...at my expense, AGAIN !! Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:43 pm
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:
Alcohol? Pee? They do seem to go together...One first then the other.

Haha Haha Haha Haha Haha

#26: Re: Time for a laugh...at my expense, AGAIN !! Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:55 am
    ----
I've just got back from OS and read this.
You should only have the stitches another week eh Vince.
Of the many things that could have happened, I'm glad it wasnt a case of self circumcision (much harder to stitch up at your age Smile and you'd never hear the end of it......)

I hope nothing worse than an addition to the scar collection ensues.

SYMPATHY look in the dictionary, you know where to find it eh.

#27: Re: Time for a laugh...at my expense, AGAIN !! Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 1:48 am
    ----
Depends on how you look after the wound 'Mitri. My Dr says keep it dry for 2 - 3 days, after which you can wash it ok, but keep it covered to keep dirt off. He removes every second stitch after a week if it is healing ok...then a week later he removes the rest. If the wound seems to get larger or puffy and the scar gets bigger, it is usually a sign of either minor infection or there wasn't enough stitches put in at the start.

Thanks Pete...yeah...just another scar added to the collection mate.

Cheers, Vince

#28: Re: Time for a laugh...at my expense, AGAIN !! Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 7:40 am
    ----
What Elvis said about giving the knife away reminds me of my grandpa. He was using an electric saw, helping us build a wooden deck and he kept cutting through the power cord. Don't know how he managed to survive the hazard but he gave the saw to my father afterwards. Then he was using a radial arm saw and cut through 3 fingers of his right hand. He quickly said he was getting rid of that saw too. Sawed them off at the knuckles. All he had left was a stub of a thumb and an intact little finger. He learned to write with his left hand and his right hand developed into a huge little finger that he could hook around anything. Couldn't pick his nose with it though.

There must be a world of given-away tools for that reason. Imagine if people gave away guns for the same reason.....well they're probably dead or disabled anyway.

I'm always using knife-like tools at work but I only have one sharp enough to cut skin and I keep it in a drawer until ready to use it. It's a scalpel and of course razor sharp and very pointy. My knives at home seem to be always in need of sharpening but I only sharpen them if they can't cut what I'm tryin to cut. I'm too dangerous around sharp objects to keep them sharp. That scalpel at work will part the skin cells way too easily and it makes me jittery just to use it or even have it out on my desk at the ready.

Happy healing Vinnie!

Suz

#29: Re: Time for a laugh...at my expense, AGAIN !! Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 8:26 am
    ----
Vince wrote:
there wasn't enough stitches put in at the start.

That actually makes sense, spacing on yours looks smaller then what they did here.

Mind you he was still in shock (first big accident for him) and it took 2 of us to barely hold him down, he also refused needles and being put to sleep. So the doctor wanted just to be done with it I think. Very Happy

Dimitri

#30: Re: Time for a laugh...at my expense, AGAIN !! Author: radarLocation: North Island New Zealand PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 3:57 pm
    ----
You know whats good about this Vince?

Is that people still know how to sharpen a knife PROPERLY!

I was taught that fine skill as a child by my grandfather, now all my family expect me to sharpen all the knives ....I go to my parents; can you please bring your knife sharpening kit, I go to my sisters places; can you please bring your knife sharpening kit..... even my wife knows the value of a sharp knife Shocked

No fancy shop bought sharpeners....oil stone, leather strop and the final result a bloody sharp knife.

Battle scars like that are fine mate, in the end it will heal beaut. As said before Chicks dig scars and bullet wounds!

-> Spam-O-Rama