Man sized targets.
-> PointBlank Software

#1: Man sized targets. Author: SyberShooterLocation: Arizona PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:40 pm
    ----
I figured out a way to display large targets for recording action shooting and "groups" larger than 6"

I wanted to have a target suitable for recording my action shooting practice and to compare how I shoot with different pistols. I wanted to use the standard IPSC target that I use but was aware of the scaling issues Dallan mentioned in a previous post. What I ended up doing was to create a Background.BMP that was 600x600 and 100 dpi (which somehow always gets reduced to 72 dpi). This is the base target size and whatever you overlay has to fit within the boundary of the base image. Then I create another layer in paint shop pro to hold the target image. I then take a photo of the large target I want to use and size it to fit within the background size .Finally I pasted it on the layer I created and merged them into one image. It works like a charm. The group sizes are not anywhere close to real but I score them differently and I there aren't any shot velocities but that isn't the purpose of this target.

Below is the sample I made.

#2: Re: Man sized targets. Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:18 pm
    ----
good to hear you are still burning some powder, Im sure some of the guys will be able to make use of this idea.

-> PointBlank Software