heavy object
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#1: heavy object Author: beezer PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 11:50 am
    ----
I was given this super duper fishing tool for exmass . You know one of those things that has everything.Well I was playing around with the spring balance and decided to check the weight of a couple of my guns That was an eye opener . The average weight of my plinker and rabiters is 7 pound but my deer rifle with everything up. Scope, sound mod and bypod tip's the scale at 11-1/4 pounds. Are any of you guys tushing that kind of weight around?

#2: Re: heavy object Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:26 pm
    ----
Winchester mod 94 in .30-30---5 lbs
Browning A-Bolt Hunter in .30-06 with Redfield 3 X 9 scope---7 lbs
Browning 12 ga BSS---6 lbs

No...Nothing that heavy in my house except the wife... Very Happy

Merry Christmas to you and yours... Very Happy

#3: Re: heavy object Author: shrpshtrjoeLocation: Maryland PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:37 pm
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:

ROFL Now that won't get ya very good presents next year ROFL

#4: Re: heavy object Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 4:12 pm
    ----
Already got-em (my presents)...Got all year (2006) to recoup the lost points with the wife...No sweat...I'm good...Most of the time and better other times... Very Happy

#5: Re: heavy object Author: 515034s10ringLocation: Working my way back up and around PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:10 pm
    ----
It's called expierence eh Bushmaster Very Happy Cool

#6: Re: heavy object Author: mikekuzaraLocation: Farson, Wyoming PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:17 am
    ----
Bushmaster, Just remember, in the words of my Drill Instructor "you can get all the attaboys you want, but one aww-s**t wipes em all out"

Ruger #1 .243 6.5 lbs
Springfield 30-06 12.5 lbs

I do pack that much weight around, but not in brush etc.

As I get older, I find the Springfield gaining weight at the same rate as me. When I was 20, I could pack it all day without a sling, now my shoulder gets a bruise from the sling by the end of the day.

#7: Re: heavy object Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:26 am
    ----
First 4 years of hunting I drug a Rugar #1V around the mountains with me. That thing was pretty darn heavy for a young kid but I guess enthusiasm outweighed wisdom Smile

-DallanC

#8: Re: heavy object Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:26 pm
    ----
Quote::

ROFL Thats not too bad. If I told my girl she looked 10 times that if she asked (112lbs) she'd be happy Razz

This gets me thinking that I should be getting a light weight rifle not a heavy one like I was planning on to. I want to be able to use it in 40 years Cool

Dimitri

#9: Re: heavy object Author: roklokLocation: Fairbanks, Alaska PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:56 pm
    ----
Bushmaster,your pre-64 94 only weighs 5 pounds? Not doubting you but I wonder how they did that,my 94 trapper with 16" barrel is listed as 6 pounds.The newer 20 inch model 94's are listed as being around 61/2 pounds.My dad is looking for a lighter deer rifle as his 336 is getting heavier every year according to him.Maybe he should look for an old 94.

#10: Re: heavy object Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:43 pm
    ----
Mr Roklok. As I typed the weight of each rifle I was weighing them. I just pulled it from the safe and weighed it again. Now it's just over 5lbs, but it's dirty from my granddaughter shooting it. It's no where near 6lbs. I still get just a hair over 5lbs and not quite 5 1/2 lbs. Best I can do. And you are right...Marlins 336s are heavier then Pre-50 Mod 94s... Poke ROFL

#11: Re: heavy object Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:18 pm
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:
And you are right...Marlins 336s are heavier then Pre-50 Mod 94s... Poke ROFL

That's OK I still want a Marlin 336 in 30-30. Smile

#12: Re: heavy object Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:40 pm
    ----
Oh...That's right...There are a few people out there that think Marlins are rifles for adults. sorry I forgot... Hiding Cheers

Last edited by Bushmaster on Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

#13: Re: heavy object Author: roklokLocation: Fairbanks, Alaska PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:43 pm
    ----
My curiosity is getting to me now,I will have to get a scale and weigh my trapper,maybe its lighter than Winchester claims

#14: Re: heavy object Author: 515034s10ringLocation: Working my way back up and around PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:33 pm
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:
Oh...That's right...There are a few people out there that think Marlins are rifles for adults. sorry I forgot... Hiding Cheers

Since when....who....surely you jest???? Cool Hiding Howdy Cheers

#15: Re: heavy object Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:41 pm
    ----
To all the rest of the people on this site...Yes I jest. To you? Hell no, I don't jest. I'm very serious when it comes to you...(snicker) Fencing

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions