WANTED
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
-> Swapmeet: Buy / Sell

#31: Re: WANTED Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:02 am
    ----
If that doesnt pan out have a look at Barnal metal cased stuff. it MAY do the job and is selling for $1 per round over here, Im still trying to find out how its primed.

#32: Re: WANTED Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:41 am
    ----
Elvis wrote:
If that doesnt pan out have a look at Barnal metal cased stuff. it MAY do the job and is selling for $1 per round over here, Im still trying to find out how its primed.

The Barnaul cases are of Russian manufacture and have a large Berdan primer mate. Nothing wrong with that if you have an arrangement for de-capping the Berdan primers and access to a supply of primers as well.

Check out this website for some info on the Barnaul loads:

Barnaul Steel .410 Cases

Cheers, Vince

#33: Re: WANTED Author: MacDLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:51 am
    ----
No idea about supply of Berdan primers but here is a post from Castboolits that you may find interesting.

castboolits.gunloads.c...p?t=143958

Here is another one that I had seen before. This guy is quite the tinker.

www.youtube.com/watch?...eature=fvw

#34: Re: WANTED Author: TRBLSHTRLocation: Lower 48's-left coast(near portlandia) PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:08 am
    ----
Laughing By golly-I like both of those methods!

#35: Re: WANTED Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:06 am
    ----
very good link thanks Vince. I may just have to get some myself if they do have larger shot sizes as I like #3 for geese or hares or rabbits or wallabies... infact just about everything!!!

#36: Re: WANTED Author: MacDLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:12 pm
    ----
New Hornady .444 Marlin cases are $45 for 50 here. How does that compare to Oz?

#37: Re: WANTED Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:38 pm
    ----
Not sure Mac...will have to check.

I have found a supply of Remington once-fired .410 hulls courtesy of Gun Broker. You little beauty.

All I have to do now is work out how to get them out to Oz as the seller doesn't want to ship international. Will most likely have to use someone as a intermediary in the US, which shouldn't be too difficult.

Cheers, Vince

#38: Re: WANTED Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:47 pm
    ----
at last some success great to hear you have finaly found some.
That price for new brass is about the same as most regular cartridges over here in NZ.

-> Swapmeet: Buy / Sell