WANTED
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> Swapmeet: Buy / Sell

#16: Re: WANTED Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:57 pm
    ----
Thanks mate

Cheers, Vince

#17: Re: WANTED Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:46 am
    ----
just had a wee looksee online, cabelas are dirt cheap for good loads, do you have them over on the land of Oz??? man the prices and selection on some of those sites from the states were mind bogling over here if you can get #4 and#6 in more than a 2 3/4" shell in the same shop you are doing well.
beware of the real cheap RIO shells, they look good till you work out the payload size... its pityful to say the least, less than 1/2oz in a 2 1/2" case!!

#18: Re: WANTED Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:25 am
    ----
We don't have Cabelas over here mate, also .410 factory loads of all kinds are reasonably available here...but are very expensive, more often than not more expensive than 12g loads.

A 1/2 oz load in a 2 1/2" case isn't too bad mate...I have used that load for busting clays with the .410 from the standard mark (15 yds). My field loads will be a little more potent though, which is why I am chasing the Winchester and Remington hulls.

Cheers, Vince

#19: Re: WANTED Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:48 pm
    ----
Still no luck...bump.

Cheers, Vince

#20: Re: WANTED Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:42 am
    ----
still looking. winchester dont make mt cases for sale and 3" shells are around the $29.50 mark per 25shells this season.

#21: Re: WANTED Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:04 am
    ----
Yeah...I know mate...thanks for that. I have a friend in New York who says that his Clays Club shoots a bit of .410 Skeet, and he will grab what he can from there for me.

Cheers, Vince

#22: Re: WANTED Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:26 am
    ----
Still looking. - bump

Cheers, Vince

#23: Re: WANTED Author: MacDLocation: Canada PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:39 pm
    ----
I looked around the gunshow and talked to some vendors but no luck. I did see some old brass cases but they were really expensive. I was doing some surfing the net tonight and came acrossthis post. www.thefirearmsforum.c...c5c6e31b53 Not sure what .444 cases cost but itmight be a solution.

#24: Re: WANTED Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:18 am
    ----
Thanks Mac. The 444 Marlin cases are as dear as poison out here. I'll just keep my ear to the ground and hopefully some will turn up soon.

Cheers, Vince

#25: Re: WANTED Author: MacDLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:53 am
    ----
From the thread .303 cases are also used with some extra steps such as annealing the necks and expanding in incremental steps. They suggest commercial .303 cases as they have more material to work with.

#26: Re: WANTED Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:11 am
    ----
Yeah, I've considered using the 303 cases...but it is too much work to size them etc...and I'm only using chamber inserts, not a full .410 barrel which is why I am chasing the once fired hulls.

Once again, thanks Mac.

Cheers, Vince

#27: Re: WANTED Author: 10spotterminatorLocation: Redmond, Oregon PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:07 am
    ----
G'Day Vince !

Dont know if this will help but we have a large website here called Gun Brokers ( . com of course ) That is similar to e-bay and they currently have several listings for .410 hulls. Quantities seem to run in 500 to 1000 piece lots with the STS hulls running around 17 cents each and the AAs at 25 cents each. Registration to the site is free but dont know if they have any restrictions on overseas members and such. Let me know if you have any other questions . Shipping of course will need to be worked out as they figure in continental USA prices for their shipping fees posted.

Til Later,

10 Spot

#28: Re: WANTED Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:54 pm
    ----
That 10 Spot...I'll have to check them out later because it seems they have been the victim of a SPAM attack. Their Classifieds are closed down at the moment, but I expect that shouldn't be for too long.

Cheers, Vince

#29: Re: WANTED Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:30 pm
    ----
Ya still gonna need a permit to import them Vince.
And that means mountain of paperworks and a couple of visit to Customs once they arrived.
Empty hull, brass etc are considered a restricted imports item.
(I have imported some 300W brass once.. never again!!)

Best you can do is to get them in Oz.

#30: Re: WANTED Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:58 pm
    ----
Already have the permit mate...a simply application to the Firearms Registry here in QLD and they mailed it out.

I have "imported" .243 cases, 30.30 cases, 6mm projectiles and .308 cast projectiles all in the one pack a couple of years back without any dramas. I got a call from Customs to come and check and collect it and provide the B709A approval...all done easy. Customs had already checked it before I got there and my checking it was really only a formality.

Cheers, Vince

-> Swapmeet: Buy / Sell