Andy Griffith's Gun Rack
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#1: Andy Griffith's Gun Rack Author: fnuserLocation: S.W. Missouri, U.S.A. PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:39 pm
    ----
My kids have been watching Andy on c.d. and I never realized how cool the guns were on his rack behind the chair Barney usually sits in. They trade spots on the rack but usually there are 3 bolt actions, a Marlin 39, and a Winchester 94, and a double barrel side x side. I think the bolt-actions are a Springfield "03 sporter, Mauser fullstock, and a Greek Schoenauer that has been sportered, or a Portugese Mauser Verguerio sporter? Any geeks out there verify this? I remember watching one episode where andy totes the 3rd rifle in a man-hunt. The tip-off was the bolt-handle was beside the magazine instead of the trigger-guard. The bottom view looks more like the Greek. I remember a sporter built by Haenel that may be a candidate also.

#2: Re: Andy Griffith's Gun Rack Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:54 am
    ----
I think your right about the 03 Springfield, and the 94 and Marlin 39, they also had a Win 1897 pump on the rack and a Win 1912 pump. I also remember someone holding a Rem 1100 auto in Andy's living room while talking to Andy.

Now you got me thinking about the show again, guess I better go look for the dvds.

#3: Re: Andy Griffith's Gun Rack Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:36 pm
    ----
Here's a web page that tells of a few guns from the show. Really cool page too, you can search by actor's name or search by the type of gun, or the movie or tv show.

Suz

#4: Re: Andy Griffith's Gun Rack Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:52 pm
    ----
Excellent web site Suz.

#5: Re: Andy Griffith's Gun Rack Author: tlo7mmLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:58 pm
    ----
I love that site, I was able to finally find out what some of the guns where that I have seen in a lot of mvies.

#6: Re: Andy Griffith's Gun Rack Author: MacDLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:35 am
    ----
Great site Suz. I just spent an hour browsing and still lots of interesting stuff to see.

#7: Re: Andy Griffith's Gun Rack Author: fnuserLocation: S.W. Missouri, U.S.A. PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:40 pm
    ----
o.k. just saw an episode from season 3 called Opie's Rival clearly shows a sporter Siamese mauser, an Arisaka type 38, and a Hembrug mauser(88 variant) chambered in 6,5. also a pump 22, a double, and a single shot shotgun.

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions