odd issue
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> Reloading Ammunition

#16: Re: odd issue Author: Fireman_DJLocation: Victoria, Australia PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:20 am
    ----
inthedark wrote:
You paid attention to your grandpa didn't you? lol
Nope, died when I was too young to learn that sort of stuff. Father run away before I was born too.
So I had my Mother who knows very little about mechanics, never took me camping and when at the start of my teenage years decided that she hated guns so much that I wasn't allowed to have a water gun.

Somehow she keeps making comments like "you're so much like your father" or "you know, your uncle Jingles used to do that".
Both mechanical minder, but I never had the chance to learn anything of either of them.
Oh, I had to get my birth certificate for my bulk dangerous goods transport license. My fathers occupation is listed as a truck driver.
Like father like son...

Must be genetics.

(Note, the real reason I know the oil trick is because I get bored, so I read up on how to do what ever I'm thinking about doing, like making knives and heat treating them).

#17: Re: odd issue Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:51 am
    ----
Fireman wrote:
...(Note, the real reason I know the oil trick is because I get bored, so I read up on how to do what ever I'm thinking about doing, like making knives and heat treating them).

Thats the way to do it mate. I heat treat my knife blades the same way...but I ensure I heat them to 800 F before quenching and cooling them in old engine oil.

Cheers, Vince

#18: Re: odd issue Author: Fireman_DJLocation: Victoria, Australia PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:52 am
    ----
Yeah, but I need to source the metal first, then shape it and .......

#19: Re: odd issue Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:00 am
    ----
Fireman_DJ wrote:
Yeah, but I need to source the metal first, then shape it and .......

I won't hijack this thread mate...PM on the way.

Cheers, Vince

-> Reloading Ammunition