Wife made a choice finally
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#1: Wife made a choice finally Author: tlo7mmLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:02 pm
    ----
So after a year of trying to decide what she wants for a hunting rifle my wife finally decided she liked a Remington 700 synthetic stock 270. When we first discussed it she thought she would like a 7mm rem mag (a women after my own heart). She shot mine and decided that it had to much recoil for her. She then decided that she wanted a 30-06 after shooting my dads model 700. I was fine with that but I wanted her to be sure. I bought her a .243 about 5 years ago and she and I either one were happy with it and she has been telling me that she does not want a rifle that small anyhow. We were at Walmart last night and she fell in love with the 270 which we will be picking up soon. She wants the camo model which is cool. I was trying to get her into either a 7mm-08 or a 270 so this is great that she chose the 270. When we get the gun I will post pics. My next task is to decide what to top it with.

#2: Re: Wife made a choice finally Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:55 pm
    ----
leupold all the way...3x9x40 is on mine and its great.

#3: Re: Wife made a choice finally Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:32 pm
    ----
I love my .270, it's a homebuilt with a Mauser action. Very accurate, easy on the shoulder, good distance gun, and I put a Nikon 3x9x40 with a BDC reticle on it. Totally my favorite scope, I've got 2 now. They cost about $150 or so, I'm not into buying a scope more costly than my gun. She's going to love that gun I bet, I just looked at the Remington web site, sweet looking camo with Hogue grips, hammer forged barrel, you can't go wrong, that's a beauty!

Suz

#4: Re: Wife made a choice finally Author: moose2Location: North Idaho PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:03 pm
    ----
The .270 will serve her well. Nice choice. Very Happy

#5: Re: Wife made a choice finally Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:23 pm
    ----
Tell her that we'll be expecting her report on how it shoots!

Last edited by Pumpkinslinger on Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

#6: Re: Wife made a choice finally Author: tlo7mmLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:34 pm
    ----
I will certainly keep everyone updated on how the gun works out. I am excited to be taking her out this next year to get her first deer.

#7: Re: Wife made a choice finally Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:12 pm
    ----
The .270 is a great rifle. You might consider installing a LimbSaver recoil pad for Christmas. Those 110gr bullets at 3400 fps have noticeable energy so I've liked my LS.

#8: Re: Wife made a choice finally Author: tlo7mmLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:49 pm
    ----
I actually considered a limbsaver for her.

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions