PbPatchr
-> PointBlank Software

#1: PbPatchr Author: GhostLocation: European Forrest PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:30 am
    ----
Hi to all, Wink
Is it really neccesary when use PB to start it Always with the Patcher? I mean, if it has install everything the first couple of times, it works fine without start the patch first. Can explain pls why it is for.
By the way, the program works great for my Windrunner .338cal.
Thx in front, Cool
Kind regards ,

G.

Last edited by Ghost on Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: PbPatchr Author: SyberShooterLocation: Arizona PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:07 am
    ----
I don't think its required. The patcher looks for updates and downloads them for you if there is something new. You could probably get away with running it once a week or so.

#3: Re: PbPatchr Author: GhostLocation: European Forrest PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:10 am
    ----
Thx friend.
Have a nice shooting & hunts too. Many long range shooter here?

Best regards, Very Happy

Ghost

#4: Re: PbPatchr Author: Fireman_DJLocation: Victoria, Australia PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:47 pm
    ----
I shoot F Class up to 1000 yard with a tactical style Rem 700. As well as hunt.

As said, the patcher checks for any updates and then downloads them. If you're using PB without any problems, then there's really no need to run the patcher.

But I'd recommend running it at least once a month.

#5: Re: PbPatchr Author: GhostLocation: European Forrest PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:26 am
    ----
Thx for the info,
Nice riffle a 700Rem.
I love to shoot around 1500yrd/1390m with my Windrunner.338cal '98, 250gr, Mvelo2950, BC.597, Ivelo(ImpactVelocity)1641@1000yrd/m, Elevation/1000yrd 25.67, +/-15mph/kph wind gives/1000yrd 93"drift. Leupold IV Mil-Dot scope zoom10x-20x 40mm. MuzzleEnergy 4830.

Kind regards Cool

Last edited by Ghost on Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:24 pm; edited 4 times in total

#6: Re: PbPatchr Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:42 pm
    ----
Ghost wrote:
Hi to all, Wink
Is it really neccesary when use PB to start it Always with the Patcher? I mean, if it has install everything the first couple of times, it works fine without start the patch first. Can explain pls why it is for.
By the way, the program works great for my AX cal.338 Lapmag(suppressed) & AW cal.308 Win.
Thx in front, Cool
Kind regards ,

G.

No you can run PointBlank.exe directly. The patcher just assures that you have the latest most up todate version and files.

I had a few people that NEVER ran the patcher (which is ok) but they would complain of bugs that had already been fixed. Because of this I added a tiny check in the start up of PointBlank to compare its version with the version on the website and alert the user if there is a new version. This check can be turned off in the options for people without a internet connection (such as at the range for example).

But sure, you can skip the patcher.

-DallanC

-> PointBlank Software