What is Your Favorite Target (Paper)
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#1: What is Your Favorite Target (Paper) Author: MacDLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:36 pm
    ----
When I first started shooting it seemed we had only a few target types. Now you can download and print hundreds of different patterns etc. I have been using USPALMA targets both 100 and 200 yards for load development but sticking to regular centre bull types for sighting in and setting elevations for various loads at 100 and 200. I have even drawn up a few myself with the bull one inch low on an 8.5"X11" sheet and a centred bull with both a one inch grid and one inch separated rings.

I have attached a picture. Obviously the USPALMA targets are meant to be used in landscape mode.

So what is your favorite targets(s).

#2: Re: What is Your Favorite Target (Paper) Author: RePeteLocation: Gods Country PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:23 pm
    ----
For sighting in a rifle, I like the benchrest ones.

For handgun, I like the IDPA/IPSC targets.

#3: Re: What is Your Favorite Target (Paper) Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:42 pm
    ----
cardboard box with a cross drawn on with a felt pen. but Im cheap.pizza boxes work a treat as you can put something in the box and prop up the lid, they work on a windy day.

#4: Re: What is Your Favorite Target (Paper) Author: 44martyLocation: Cheshire, MA; USA PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:13 pm
    ----
I like many of the targets from www.mytargets.com/ - free, printable and downloadable (is that a word?)

I find myself mostly shooting NRA 50 FT slow fire pistol targets and NRA 100 yard small bore rifle targets.

My best groups come when using those stick-on fluorescent red dots with the black diamond in the center, or when lining up the crosshairs with the edges (one corner) of a solid black square on bright white paper.

#5: Re: What is Your Favorite Target (Paper) Author: English MikeLocation: Whitehaven, Cumbria, UK PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:32 pm
    ----
It depends.
Butcher paper sprayed black with a red dot stuck to it makes a cheap "shoot & see" target but for load testing I use a 1" red diamond centre on 1" square ruled background.

#6: Re: What is Your Favorite Target (Paper) Author: time2be PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:28 pm
    ----
small paper plate with orange target dot on it.

#7: Re: What is Your Favorite Target (Paper) Author: time2be PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:32 pm
    ----
small paper plate with orange target dot on it.

#8: Re: What is Your Favorite Target (Paper) Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:13 pm
    ----
This may sound silly to you guys but actually I like Johnny Depp, George Clooney, Daniel Craig but I'd shoot Angelina Jolie she's just absurdly hot and needs some knock-down for me to survive. Yup thems the targets....I'd only shoot one of em tho.

orange target
dots? that's
silly

Suz

#9: Re: What is Your Favorite Target (Paper) Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:29 pm
    ----
For rifle usually Champion Redfield style. For handgun usually NRA B-24.

#10: Re: What is Your Favorite Target (Paper) Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:06 am
    ----
I use a mixture of Elvis's target and Pomgolia Mike's target.

A piece of cardboard with a cross drawn on it in Sharpie, to get me in the ball park, then a bullseye style target with a 1" grid marked on it...with a 1/2" grid closer to the centre. I usually draw a few of these up before going to the range or out into the bush. Apart from that I prefer crows, rabbits, pigs, feral cats, wild dogs, deer et al.

Cheers, Vince

#11: Re: What is Your Favorite Target (Paper) Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:34 am
    ----
After the firearm is sighted in, its time for a game of pool. Very Happy

#12: Re: What is Your Favorite Target (Paper) Author: SingleShotLoverLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:25 am
    ----
For most of my rifles I have come to prefer 1/4" graph paper and 1/4 to 1/2" stick-on dots (depending on what size I can find at Staples or WalMart) for up to 100 yards. Longer ranges call for progressively larger dots. This makes precise scope adjustments easy and there is enough room to stick several on the same page (which eliminates some of those long walks!) I like to use either red or dark blue rather than the fluorescent colors for the most part since the fluorescent colors tend to blur and form a "halo" effect in bright sunlight for me.

I do like the commercial fluorescent dots for most handgun sighting with open sights.

#13: Re: What is Your Favorite Target (Paper) Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:18 am
    ----
9X and above..... the smallest orange dot I can see around the cross hairs.
Low power ..... I prefer to bracket the cross hairs in an appropriate sized cross.

Concentrating on the smallest object possible will usually result in tighter groups !!!

#14: Re: What is Your Favorite Target (Paper) Author: HayCreekLocation: Central ND PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:29 pm
    ----
Suzanne wrote:
This may sound silly to you guys but actually I like Johnny Depp, George Clooney, Daniel Craig but I'd shoot Angelina Jolie she's just absurdly hot and needs some knock-down for me to survive. Yup thems the targets....I'd only shoot one of em tho.

orange target
dots? that's
silly

Suz

Full auto or 3-shot bursts? Wink

#15: Re: What is Your Favorite Target (Paper) Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:15 pm
    ----
I use these printed on tan craft paper:
I have this as a .DOC file and had to scan into a JPEG (low res) to get it here.

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions