Would you shoot someone else's reloads?
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
-> Reloading Ammunition

#31: Re: Would you shoot someone else's reloads? Author: HayCreekLocation: Central ND PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:52 pm
    ----
Won't take advice. Even after the catastrophic dis-assembly incident. He's got the books. Just doesn't pay enough attention to "unimportant" details. Only so much one can do. Bang Head

Even thinks I'm too meticulous because I insist on sizing and trimming new brass. Maybe so, but at least I know my ammo is going to be consistent and fit my chamber correctly.

#32: Re: Would you shoot someone else's reloads? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:36 pm
    ----
And I weigh EVERY powder charge I drop into a case on a caibrated electronic scale (RCBS Powder Pro) that is, also, compared with a balance beam scale (RCBS 5-0-5).

Most, if not all, of us on here tend to be a bit persnickety about the accuracy of our load data and our close attention to detail and tolerence within the process.

You need to re-educate your friend or stand way back when he is at the shooting line. Laughing

#33: Re: Would you shoot someone else's reloads? Author: HayCreekLocation: Central ND PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:48 pm
    ----
Roger, that. Salute

#34: Re: Would you shoot someone else's reloads? Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:00 pm
    ----
waaaay back. and check if he has life insurance to look after the wife n kiddies WHEN he eventually blows his fool head clean off.

#35: Re: Would you shoot someone else's reloads? Author: MRFixITLocation: Newbrunswick PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:08 pm
    ----
I'm not sure about the rest of you, but most times you only get one Fubar round. You get to walk away to have a second you are very lucky.
I would never want that on my shoulders, load your teach your friends and let them load there own

just my 2 cents worth

#36: Re: Would you shoot someone else's reloads? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:26 pm
    ----
Welcome the this fine site MRFixIT. Grab a beer and pull up a stump close to the fire and join right in.

#37: Re: Would you shoot someone else's reloads? Author: Fireman_DJLocation: Victoria, Australia PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:13 pm
    ----
But not too close to the fire while you're loading ammo!!!

#38: Re: Would you shoot someone else's reloads? Author: inthedarkLocation: Ontario PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:37 pm
    ----
I will reload for any of my close friends after I have attended the range with them for the testing of the loads. I weight every cartridge myself and all components. If I am unsure of anything I stop. disasseble the ones in question and start again. I then weight the completed cartridge, every 5th one or so.I have had (thank God) only one overcharge in my life and it was in my 308 and it was a bit*$ to get that case out of the bolt face. I would agree with MacD's position also.

#39: Re: Would you shoot someone else's reloads? Author: se3388Location: SEMO PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:01 pm
    ----
I wouldn't shoot them.

Steve...........

#40: Re: Would you shoot someone else's reloads? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:06 pm
    ----
Aah...Another Missourian. We might just give those Aussies a run yet.

#41: Re: Would you shoot someone else's reloads? Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:44 am
    ----
There we were Bushy, 2 against a thousand, by lunch time we had both the bast***s Wink

#42: Re: Would you shoot someone else's reloads? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:27 am
    ----
dhc4ever wrote:
There we were Bushy, 2 against a thousand, by lunch time we had both the bast***s Wink

Haha Haha Haha Haha Haha Cheers Cheers

#43: Re: Would you shoot someone else's reloads? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:04 am
    ----
See...I told-ja Boss. They were trying to take over the web site.

#44: Re: Would you shoot someone else's reloads? Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:39 am
    ----
I almost did once, but felt like that was too much risk for me. I bought some 45-70 ammo at a gun show that was hand loaded by a guy that was selling all types of reloads. I needed the brass at the time so I bought a package took them home and pulled the bullets, dumped the powder and reloaded them myself. The guy couldn't tell me what powder or charge was in them so actually the price was right for brass and bullets so I bought them.

Suz

#45: Re: Would you shoot someone else's reloads? Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:13 pm
    ----
I'm proud of you Suz!
I wouldn't shoot anyones reloads - not even my brother and I would hold a target while he shot it. I trust him with my life and everything I have but I won't shoot his reloads.

-> Reloading Ammunition