Case length trimming?
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
-> Reloading Ammunition

#31: Re: Case length trimming? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:46 pm
    ----
Someone had better tell that deer (2 of them) I eat after being hit with a 140 grain Remington SJHP with 14 grains of 2400. And that is considered a light powder charge for that bullet and 2400. From a 4 3/4" barrel

No wonder I'm having Stovey sleep in the barn...He snores!?!

Yup...W-231 in my .38 Specials. Usually4.6 to 5.0. Most often, 5.0 grains under a 140 grain Remington SJHP.

Last edited by Bushmaster on Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

#32: Re: Case length trimming? Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:56 pm
    ----
Whimpy deer! **zzzZZZ snorfl sniuck! zzzZZZzzz**

#33: Re: Case length trimming? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:12 pm
    ----
Yup...Like that one you were feeding pizza to.

Clembob. You still with us?

#34: Re: Case length trimming? Author: DawgdadLocation: On the Prairie PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:53 pm
    ----
chambered221 wrote:
Dawgdad wrote:
A buddy that just got one trimmed 1100 .223 brass in under an hour.....

wtf And how many of them were yours ???

All his.... I have about 3000 ready to trim but I use an X-die so many will not touch the cutter.

#35: Re: Case length trimming? Author: clembobLocation: UK PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:01 pm
    ----
Bushmaster Just about :-)

#36: Re: Case length trimming? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:36 pm
    ----
Good...You need to work on getting a few paw prints.

#37: Re: Case length trimming? Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:16 pm
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:
Good...You need to work on getting a few paw prints.
I think I'm posting too much. I passed up Chambermaid and Pumper!

What's fer supper bossman, gettin' hongree!

#38: Re: Case length trimming? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:24 pm
    ----
Don't know 'bout you, but I've been invited out for dinner tonight. I have no idea what I'm having, but I was told she was a good cook. At least she says so.

#39: Re: Case length trimming? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:24 am
    ----
Hope you enjoyed your night out mate...and that the cook was as good as you expected.

Cheers, Vince

#40: Re: Case length trimming? Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:34 am
    ----
hmmm sounds interesting??? how was the dinner??
and deer shot with a 4 3/4" barrel that sounds like fun. no way would I get close enough to try that but we arent allowed handguns so its not relevant to me anyways....sounds like your deer are far to tame for thier own good.

#41: Re: Case length trimming? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:28 am
    ----
Dinner was excellent.

Our deer are not tame at all. Infact quite the contrary. But the rut does help a little. Most of all is being able to track and the knowledge of still hunting. "Still hunting" has nothing to do with tree stands.

#42: Re: Case length trimming? Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:45 am
    ----
If you can't bag a whitetail with a slice of pizza and a hammer you aint no deer hunter. Deer's is DUMB.

Mornin' bossman- two pot's today and one's extra spicy- the one for the bunkhouse that is. Hehehehehe- that'll teach 'em. Shocked Mad

Laughing

#43: Re: Case length trimming? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:59 am
    ----
Yup...You are right again...White tails is dumb. Try that with Blacktails. Tougher terrain and smarter deer.

#44: Re: Case length trimming? Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:14 am
    ----
Blackies, just as dumb, but prefer PBJ's. Duuuuh!

Walk up ona mulie out here...see where that'll gitcha. And leave yer 20- at home...bring a 30-something (er at least a 28), mulies here big and tough.

#45: Re: Case length trimming? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:27 am
    ----
Yup and that's why the hunting rags very rarely (if ever) hunt the "dumb" Blacktail and write about it. Mulies tough? I've taken Elk with my trusty "Jack Handle"...

-> Reloading Ammunition