charity
-> Spam-O-Rama

#1: charity Author: TremblayLocation: Malta, Montana PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:07 pm
    ----
As you open your pockets for the next natural disaster, pleasekeepThese facts in mind: · The American Red Cross President and CEO Marsha J. EvansSalary for the year was $651,957 plus expenses · The United Way President Brian Gallagher receives a $375,000Base salary along with numerous expense benefits. · UNICEF CEO Caryl M. Stern receives $1,200,000 per year (100kPer month) plus all expenses including a ROLLS ROYCE . Lessthan 5Cents of your donated dollar goes to the cause. · The Salvation Army's Commissioner Todd Bassett receives aSalary of only $13,000 per year (plus housing) for managingthis $2Billion dollar organization. 96 percent of donated dollars goto theCause. · The American Legion National Commander receives a $0.00 zeroSalary. Your donations go to help Veterans and their familiesandYouth! · The Veterans of Foreign Wars National Commander receives a$0.00 zero salary. Your donations go to help Veterans and theirFamilies and youth! · The Disabled American Veterans National Commander receives a$0.00 zero salary. Your donations go to help Veterans and theirFamilies and youth! · The Military Order of Purple Hearts National CommanderReceives a $0.00 zero salary. Your donations go to helpVeterans andTheir families and youth! · The Vietnam Veterans Association National Commander receivesA $0.00 zero salary. Your donations go to help Veterans andtheirFamilies and youth!

Last edited by Tremblay on Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: cherity Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:11 pm
    ----
well I know where my money wont be going now.
thanks for sharing that.

#3: Re: charity Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:23 am
    ----
+1 Elvis.

Cheers, Vince

#4: Re: charity Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:19 am
    ----
Good to know.

#5: Re: charity Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:09 am
    ----
Thanks, Trembaly! The American Red Cross and the United Way haven't got a dime from me in years and won't in the future. More donations to the Salvation Army Santa's this year!

#6: Re: charity Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:49 pm
    ----
If you get financial help from the ARC - like housing after a disaster the American Red Cross expects you to pay it back! So why donate to them at all? The United Way is a clearing house for all other charities - some of whom I don't want to fund... so I don't donate to them either. I am very careful about who gets what little money I have and those that are all volunteer are the ones I choose.
My wife and I have are president and treasurer for a local charitable corporation for the last 7 years and haven't even asked to be re-imbursed for gas for the traveling (considerable at times) we have done. If you are committed to a cause you don't need to get paid.
Paul

#7: Re: charity Author: TremblayLocation: Malta, Montana PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:17 pm
    ----
If you are committed to a cause you don't need to get paid.
Paul

How true

#8: Re: charity Author: English MikeLocation: Whitehaven, Cumbria, UK PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:12 pm
    ----
I never donate to the big organisations because they are almost inevitably both politically left of centre & anti private gun ownership.
I have collecting boxes in the shop for two charities (RNLI & Multiple Sclerosis) that get any change customers tell me to keep & I support the UK Poppy Appeal which goes to helping veterans here.
The UK government sees fit to give away £billions from UK taxpayers every year & I reckon I have done my bit for foreign causes without option, so they won't get a voluntary contribution on top.

#9: Re: charity Author: dieselLocation: Watsontown Pa. PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:46 pm
    ----
I am a life member of both the American legion and VFW and have been for 55 years and damn proud of it! donate on a regular basis to both from my SS checks.

-> Spam-O-Rama