Nuke test over the water by my place...
-> General

#1: Nuke test over the water by my place... Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:26 pm
    ----
Heard this loud wooshing sound, like something comin' in from above...ran outside of snapped this pic just before the camera blew outta my hand and I got flattened....some dummy didn't get the memo- they banned nuke testing a LONG time ago....great. Not only did I not bag any bunny's today but now the catch 'll be radioactive down at the beach when I'm surf-fishing.... Mad Anyone know the half-life of a plutonium perch?

#2: Re: Nuke test over the water by my place... Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:31 pm
    ----
Half life around 20,000 years, you'll both be "off" by then.
Is your shadow still on the wall behind where you were standing?
Perhaps they are rehearsing for "sunrise" over Tehran?

#3: Re: Nuke test over the water by my place... Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:40 am
    ----
beautiful pic, stovey! You forgot your chap-lip. Don't forget your suntan lotion, too.

#4: Re: Nuke test over the water by my place... Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:08 am
    ----
Very good shot there! Now, you know that there will be internet stories about "secret nuclear testing revealed" before too long ...

#5: Re: Nuke test over the water by my place... Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:37 am
    ----
Atta boy Stovie Very Happy I think you might have gotten the feds attention with the title of this thread cuz it scored #1 UNO at the top of googles search page. BTW nice pic. Laughing

#6: Re: Nuke test over the water by my place... Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:17 am
    ----
Hmmm...maybe that's why them suits kept knockin' at my door all night.

I didn't answer...

#7: Re: Nuke test over the water by my place... Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:42 pm
    ----
Big Brother is watching you.......

#8: Re: Nuke test over the water by my place... Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:21 pm
    ----
Big brothers are Ok, its the pesky little green sisters that are really annoying.

#9: Re: Nuke test over the water by my place... Author: dan1dadLocation: St.Louis Missery PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:35 pm
    ----
gelandangan wrote:
Big brothers are Ok, its the pesky little green sisters that are really annoying.

yeah, and the people behind the curtain.

#10: Re: Nuke test over the water by my place... Author: radarLocation: North Island New Zealand PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:55 pm
    ----
Watch out for "the man"!

#11: Re: Nuke test over the water by my place... Author: RePeteLocation: Gods Country PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:53 am
    ----
slimjim wrote:
beautiful pic, stovey! You forgot your chap-lip. Don't forget your suntan lotion, too.

Nice, but for sun screen you will need SPF 9,000,000. Shocked

#12: Re: Nuke test over the water by my place... Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:42 am
    ----
And lead underwear!

#13: Re: Nuke test over the water by my place... Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:46 pm
    ----
Zinc oxide ointment is 100% effective in blocking the UV A, B, and C. That will work for your SPF 9,000,000. Todays nuclear weapons have too much neutron radiation for lead but parafin will block it better than lead.
Yes, parafin - WAX - is better at blocking neutrons than lead!
The problem is that it is nearly useless against gamma radiation.
Paul

#14: Re: Nuke test over the water by my place... Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:07 am
    ----
Wax huh? Wow...who knew!

Got lot's of that for my boards. And bullets too....hhmm....need a pan and some heat...

#15: Re: Nuke test over the water by my place... Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:01 pm
    ----
PaulS wrote:
Zinc oxide ointment is 100% effective in blocking the UV A, B, and C.

True, and if you look at the list of most sun screens, Zinc is a major part of it along with some moisturizers.

Dimitri

-> General