savage 110 and 340 , stock interchange???
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#1: savage 110 and 340 , stock interchange??? Author: dan1dadLocation: St.Louis Missery PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:25 am
    ----
I have a savage 340-E 22 hornet, my favorite rifle to shoot. This morning at a gun store I saw they had a used composite stock for a Savage 110 for $39 bucks. I dont know caliber its for , but the bedding appears to look the same as my hornets, though I have not had the hornet apart for some time now, and I'm not going to trust my memory. Does any know if a 110 stock might fit a 340 barrel and bolt action receiver?

#2: Re: savage 110 and 340 , stock interchange??? Author: tlo7mmLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:03 pm
    ----
I am not 100% sure of this but from what I was able to find is that the model 110 stock will not interchange with the model 340. I have a model 340 .222 that I love but I hate the look of the stock. The gun is ugley but I bought the gun because it is the rifle I shot my first buck with. The guy who owned it needed that money and knew I really wanted the rifle. Anyhow if you are able to find a good replacement synthetic or laminate stock for the model 340 I would appriciate it if you would let me know. I was looking for them and was only able to find factory replacements. Good luck.

#3: Re: savage 110 and 340 , stock interchange??? Author: SingleShotLoverLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:25 am
    ----
It doesn't appear the the 340 and 110 are interchangeable stocks. Bolt spacing, action lengths and contours are different. You might check out the links below for replacement stocks.

www.boydsgunstocks.com/ or www.gunpartscorp.com/ (Numrich Gun Parts)

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions