Going Camping for a "long" weekend.
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> Spam-O-Rama

#16: Re: Going Camping for a "long" weekend. Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:38 am
    ----
Elvis wrote:
D I cheat with the meat and usually take savaloys as they can be chopped up and put in the same pot as your noodles/mixed vege/mash potato without any hassle.

Sausage sounds good too. But I cooked in a similar fashion, some veggies and the meat, in each of the couple of batches I cooked as my pot was too small to fit everything, and in the end I cooked noodles using the broth of the meat and veggies.

Elvis wrote:
with a little butter/margerine and a ex army dixie cooking steak or sausages isnt too hard even with a hot cooker you just hang on to the handle and provide a little elevation to lower the heat.

I thought of that, but she said no "just boil them" since I was already boiling it to unfreeze the meat. As we were both getting very hungry Saturday night.

Elvis wrote:
and who knows if she is eating meat when tramping take venison steak next time and get her addicted.

I think its too late for that, I gave her moose a few months ago and she loved it. She ate it up quicker then any other meat I've seen her eat save for the last couple days. But the freezers need refilling this fall, don't have any more at the moment.

Dimitri

#17: Re: Going Camping for a "long" weekend. Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:20 pm
    ----
mate your on to a winner for sure Very Happy she tramps and likes game meat Very Happy thats great that you have found a good women.

#18: Re: Going Camping for a "long" weekend. Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:47 pm
    ----
Now all she have to do is cook and reloads..

#19: Re: Going Camping for a "long" weekend. Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:32 pm
    ----
Elvis,

I've been with her, as in living together, since January, she is sure a keeper. Cool

Geland,

She cooks, actually my favorite meal she makes me is lamb dumplings, she tailored the recipe over time to suit my exact taste buds to boot.

Reloading is questionable, I am so paranoid when I reload, I don't think she'll like me showing her how to do it. Laughing

Dimitri

#20: Re: Going Camping for a "long" weekend. Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:23 pm
    ----
Here are 2 pictures, one at the second lake we camped out on (hard to tell, but she decided to filter some water with the MiniWorks in that photo) , and one of me cooking our "big" Saturday dinner at the developed camp sites.

Dimitri

#21: Re: Going Camping for a "long" weekend. Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:43 pm
    ----
D,
Beside the feel that the whole roll of film has been subjected to intense heat,
the top photo looks to be over exposed, you would also get a lot more saturation if you use polariser filter on the lens.
The bottom photo looks like classic under exposed shot

Very Happy thats my photo printing eyes talking Very Happy

Maybe this would do better.

#22: Re: Going Camping for a "long" weekend. Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:52 pm
    ----
I don't have much of a choice with exposure amounts, as I was using this guy while camping:

I got it off Ebay, with shipping for like 20$. It was new though, but still very old in box. No settings, just point and shoot. Very Happy

But your right, the film was in my bag, and well it got hot at some points on the trail.

Dimitri

#23: Re: Going Camping for a "long" weekend. Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:05 pm
    ----
Nothing wrong with the camera D.
It is the printing color that I am bitching about.
As of the film is in your bag, well, it should not gives such color unless the bag left out in direct sun for over 5 hours.

#24: Re: Going Camping for a "long" weekend. Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:02 pm
    ----
gelandangan wrote:
It is the printing color that I am bitching about.

Ah, sorry my mind was still on the FM and its light meter.

gelandangan wrote:
As of the film is in your bag, well, it should not gives such color unless the bag left out in direct sun for over 5 hours.

Humm, well you see, Hiding I didn't think about sun effecting the film. My bag, may have been left out in the open at the camp sites cause it was easier to unpack and prepare food that way Hiding I guess that is why they have a fridge at photostores for the "pro" film? Hiding

Good to know, will avoid direct heat from the sun in the future. Thank you!. Very Happy

Dimitri

#25: Re: Going Camping for a "long" weekend. Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:59 pm
    ----
wow those shots sure look better with a wee profesional touch up I am impressed Bow Bow .they look like great places to be D.

-> Spam-O-Rama