Remington Seven Predator
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#1: Remington Seven Predator Author: Hauken PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:50 am
    ----
Ive ordered a Remnington Mod Seven Predator in 22-250 cal. Any of you that has any experience with that rifle?

#2: Re: Remington Seven Predator Author: BigBlueLocation: Lehigh Township, Pennsylvania PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:19 pm
    ----
No experience with the Predator version, but I have a Rem. Seven S.S. synthetic in .260 that is my favorite rifle. Fantastic trigger, lightweight and very accurate. Can't wait to hear how you like the Predator.
Don

#3: Re: Remington Seven Predator Author: Hauken PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:56 am
    ----
My predator arrived today Very Happy
Its got a leupold VXR 4-12x50 fire dot german #4 on top. The silencer didnt arrive today Sad
Rolled some ammo last night. Used Nosler custom brass, 34 grs N150, 55 grs Sierra FMJBT and CCI BR LR. Gonna take the little one to the range tomorrow and stretch its legs...
The rifle just looks awsome, and the trigger is just perfect.

#4: Re: Remington Seven Predator Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:24 pm
    ----
sounds nice look forward to seeing some results.

#5: Re: Remington Seven Predator Author: Hauken PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:59 am
    ----
OK, i took the Predator to the range. A bit dissapointed with the accuracy. Got about 1,5 MOA at 100 yards. Of course these where handloaded rounds. So i havnt started to experiment yet Very Happy
The rig itself is great. Only thing about the rifle itself. Is the plastic triggerguard and floorplate. Not sure how well its gonna work under winter condition. Gonna roll some ammo tonight. 6 rounds each with 0.3 increments between loads.

#6: Re: Remington Seven Predator Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:15 am
    ----
Isn't the trigger guard and stock all part of 1 unit on them rifles?

#7: Re: Remington Seven Predator Author: Hauken PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:31 pm
    ----
Ominivision1 wrote:
Isn't the trigger guard and stock all part of 1 unit on them rifles?
No its seperate. So i might try to get hold of a triggerguard/floorplate made out of metal, and replace it.

#8: Re: Remington Seven Predator Author: Hauken PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:44 am
    ----
OK, after trying 5 different loads with N150 powder. I landed on 35,9 grs behind a 50 grs FMJ from Sako. It produced a 3/4 moa group.
Next step for this bullet will be bullet seating i guess, to see if i can improve the grouping.
Also tried 4 different loads with N150 behind the 60 grs Nosler partition. Best group was 1 moa with 33 grs N150.
The quest for best load for my predator continues....
Any tips and hints is greatly appriciated Very Happy

#9: Re: Remington Seven Predator Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:19 am
    ----
ok now you have got my curiosity going (I was going to type aroused but thought better of it) what are you intending to shoot with it??? full metal jacket and 22-250 is not a combo I would expect, the partitions hint maybe use for deer???where are you fron Hauken ifn you dont mind me asken? here in NZ the 22-250 gets alot of use on varmits and a little on deer I have shot wallabies with one and it was dynamite. 52grn bergers I believe were the load my buddy had.

#10: Re: Remington Seven Predator Author: Hauken PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:19 am
    ----
Elvis wrote:
ok now you have got my curiosity going (I was going to type aroused but thought better of it) what are you intending to shoot with it??? full metal jacket and 22-250 is not a combo I would expect, the partitions hint maybe use for deer???where are you fron Hauken ifn you dont mind me asken? here in NZ the 22-250 gets alot of use on varmits and a little on deer I have shot wallabies with one and it was dynamite. 52grn bergers I believe were the load my buddy had.

Your correct about the partitions. Im gonna use those for deer. Im from Norway btw, and our deer are smaller than their cousins in the US. About half the size. So about 50-70 lbs.
Hunting upland game and forrest birds in the wintertime with small caliber rifles is very common in scandinavia. And for that we use FMJ bullets. Hunting grouse up on the high planes is quite a challenge. Grouse is small target at 200-250 yards. Killzone is about 1,5 inch. The 22-250 got a nice flat trajectory. I could go for a number of other calibers like the 222rem, 223rem, 5.6x50 and so on. But since im also gonna use the gun for critters like fox and crows. I landed on the 22-250 Very Happy

#11: Re: Remington Seven Predator Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:06 am
    ----
All I can say is wow, hunting grouse with a rifle. Over here the ruffed grouse like to keep hidden in small brush and the only way they can be flushed out is with a dog or almost stepping on them. 410 shotty brings them down.

#12: Re: Remington Seven Predator Author: Hauken PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:23 am
    ----
In late january and and february when the sun returns to us. Grouse is very shy. But easely spotted at long range.

#13: Re: Remington Seven Predator Author: Hauken PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:27 am
    ----
Example on smallgame hunting in the winter Smile
www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0KWzPynvy8

#14: Re: Remington Seven Predator Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:27 am
    ----
That video was a hoot, climbing trees to get your game is not. Very Happy I've shot plenty of crows with the 22-250 but most of our upland game is just to fast to get a bead or scope on target with a rifle, so thats why we use the scatter gun. Laughing

#15: Re: Remington Seven Predator Author: Hauken PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:45 am
    ----
Here is a couple of other ones
www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiLiI8K7gCM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=p12q9PNXAlU
www.youtube.com/watch?...re=related

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions