Protection from a wounded bear.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  :| |:
-> Big Game Hunting

#46: Re: Protection from a wounded bear. Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:46 pm
    ----
Popcorn

#47: Re: Protection from a wounded bear. Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:54 pm
    ----
Uh Oh, Shocked , I have more popcorn Bushy. Popcorn

#48: Re: Protection from a wounded bear. Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:58 pm
    ----
Cheers

#49: Re: Protection from a wounded bear. Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:17 am
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:
Not sure about that SingleShotLover. I had a friend in the USSR of C that shot competition revolver. His favorite was a S&W Mod 19 4". His ammunition of choice for competition was .38 Special. Shot thousands of rounds. One day he cleaned it and went to a range and shot one cylinder of .357 factory magnums and spent the next hour pounding the cases out. It seems that the .357 magnum cases expanded into the crimp ring groove made by the .38 Specials. Rare maybe, but......

Not rare at all Bushy. Back in the day when I was shooting pistol every weekend I saw this problem on many occasions.

I would only use .357 cases in my Model 19 S&W and Model 586 S&W for that exact reason. All of the guys I know that insisted on using .38 Special cases in their revolver developed the same problem...an erosion (only slight) that was enough for a .357 case to expand into and cause jammed cases. It was even worse if you only ever shot cast bullets...you had difficulty even chambering a .357 case because of the build up of lead and carbon etc.

Cheers, Vince

-> Big Game Hunting