Yipee!
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#1: Yipee! Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:53 am
    ----
First center fire shoot since shoulder overhaul. Oh man did it feel GOOD. 6 boxes through the 45 and 2 through the 2" 357. Got to try the new grips on the 357 too. Pachmayr, Compac, same as the one's Colt put on the Detective Spcl II back in the 90's I think it was. They are really neat, conceal well, nice and fat. I lllike them! I can shoot my 158gr CPRN over 9.5gr Blue Dot load with no issues- BIG flash and boom. I have 3 grips for this gun, the stock boot grips you could not shoot this load with them on there. Forgot to sand the checkering down a little where my master grip thumb goes....so I got a nice souvenier. Love this little revolver. The new grip makes it look propper too, at least to me. I like the club-butt look on snubs. The 45 runs so well on everything it's almost boring. Point and blast ho hum...zero malfs or drama. The muzzle and such were discolored, everything was fouled, even some brass dust bits from cases etc., not sure what the was about but....the thing keeps running and dotting the eye's out of the SEB. Couple more months and Kabong could get the nod, can't wait to shoot high-power again. Lil sore this morning but I'll take it. Man, feels great to be shooting REAL firearms again! These two are my "defense duo". 45''s in a Simply Rugged on the right w/ 9 230gr Hydra-shok's, 357 is in the same on the left x-draw or an ankle holster w/ 158gr CPRNHP. Im pretty well covered with these two.

#2: Re: Yipee! Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:25 pm
    ----
Glad you are out again getting recoil therapy, stovey! I should lend you my 1868 Rolling Block with a curved metal butt plate so you could send some 405gr slugs down range!! When are you going to take the Darth Elkabong with you?

#3: Re: Yipee! Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:10 pm
    ----
Glad to hear your shooting now, take care of that shoulder and arm.

#4: Re: Yipee! Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:57 pm
    ----
slimjim wrote:
Glad you are out again getting recoil therapy, stovey! I should lend you my 1868 Rolling Block with a curved metal butt plate so you could send some 405gr slugs down range!!

wtf

And here I thought we were freinds! Laughing

Bonger's goes out in a couple more moths, maybe 3. Just aint enough muscle mass to support that whomp. Gettin' there though and fast.
Itchin to try that RE22 load out on the 600-700y range.

Thx Omin-bud. Doc did a strentgh test- "here, pull my arm" kinda deal, he ended up almost in my lap...hehehe..."well, were a lil ahead of schedule now aint we"... Very Happy Damn right, I need recoil, and lots of it!!!

#5: Re: Yipee! Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:00 pm
    ----
Great to hear Stovey old mate. The effect of the recoil therapy shows in your post mate...I'm really happy for ya.

El Kabong can wait...he ain't goin' nowhere, and when the time comes it is going to be that much sweeter. Very Happy Very Happy

You carry two pistols for protection mate...smart move. That green glow you can see on the western horizon is Gelan and me glowing green with envy mate.

Cheers, Vince

#6: Re: Yipee! Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:13 am
    ----
I'm envious of yer road train Beer Hauler mate...all 800000 liters of it!

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions