I am Baaack!!
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  :| |:
-> General

#61: Re: I am Baaack!! Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 7:16 am
    ----
No Gelandangan. The end of the world STARTS tomorrow. And ends in October. So live it up like there is NO tomorrow. Sell everything you have and have one hell of a blast. Laughing wtf Party

#62: Re: I am Baaack!! Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 7:17 am
    ----
So you guys mean to tell me I need to stock up on whiskey soon? Confused

Dimitri

#63: Re: I am Baaack!! Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 7:37 am
    ----
Well yes...If you believe in that churches preachin'. Can't remember the name of that church. Oh well. No biggie. After October it won't matter anyway.

#64: Re: I am Baaack!! Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 7:41 am
    ----
I don't know, something tells me I'm not a "good guy" according to what ever church is saying that. Which means, that if that is the case, aren't you supposed to stay on Earth for eternal damnation if you don't go to heaven when the end of the world happens?

Dimitri

#65: Re: I am Baaack!! Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 7:46 am
    ----
I'd pack the whiskey in something fire proof were it me...

#66: Re: I am Baaack!! Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:38 am
    ----
Since I dont watch TV, I guess I'm gona miss the EOTW and be just fine.

#67: Re: I am Baaack!! Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 2:16 pm
    ----
All I know is that, on Sunday, someone (either him or us) is going to be saying "Well, I'll be darned..."

#68: Re: I am Baaack!! Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 2:43 pm
    ----
Dam, its 22 may now..

No rupture.. I must be the ones to go on October then Very Happy Very Happy

#69: Re: I am Baaack!! Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 6:41 am
    ----
Either that or the rapture occured and we are the ones left behind... Very Happy

Oh well...I've missed the bus before and had to walk. Laughing

#70: Re: I am Baaack!! Author: ROADJOCKYLocation: SOUTHERN-OHIO PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 4:36 pm
    ----
The Bible is very plain about this,no man knows the day or the hour,He will come as a thief in the night. We sure don't want to be left behind.

#71: Re: I am Baaack!! Author: inthedarkLocation: Ontario PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 7:22 pm
    ----
Dimitri wrote:
College is to get a piece of paper to claim your educated. A student gets nothing out of it unless they want to actually learn and remember something.

Dimitri
Back in the day a kid graduated high school and choose a career and went to college and then after a time when he/she could do the job they went to university to complete their education in their chosen profession. Now, you need the university degree to qualify for college to complete your degree.
The you have the situation of a kid that gets their university degree and apply for a job thinking that they know it all.(Vince will bear this point out). They will be taught by the people that are on the ground doing the job and if and only if they are lucky enough to keep their mouths shut and their eyes and ears open will they be mentored and will truely know their profession. The university degree tells me only one thing and that is the person displaying it can learn. Thats what I am looking for as a co-worker, supervisor, or underling. I want to work with someone who KNOWS their job and who isn't afraid to learn. When I am the teacher, I am the student. It took me TOO many years to discover that one small fact of life and when I did, I became successful in whatever endeavor I chose or was chosen for me. I have been told many times in my military career that if I ever need a home to just call. To me that is higher praise than all of the medals and awards I have ever been presented.

#72: Re: I am Baaack!! Author: inthedarkLocation: Ontario PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 7:59 pm
    ----
Dimitri wrote:
I don't know, something tells me I'm not a "good guy" according to what ever church is saying that. Which means, that if that is the case, aren't you supposed to stay on Earth for eternal damnation if you don't go to heaven when the end of the world happens?

Dimitri
To qualify your statement you would have not been baptised in the Christian church. You would not admit that you are sinful just like the rest of us. You would not pray and ask truthfully for forgiveness from God the father, the son and the holy spirit and be repentant for your sins. You would not attend church and partake of communion. Now, if you have done all things then you are covered by the blood of Christ and you will go to heaven. Case Closed! No more need be done to asure that you are going to heaven because death has been removed from you by Jesus Christ's death and resurrection on the cross. If you have not done these things then you shall gain hell. Points to remember are that there is no such thing as pergatory and no other books of the Christian Bible other than the Old Testament and the New Testament. Some bibles contain the Apocrypha (meaning hidden) but these writings are in some bibles but not all. And no matter what religion anyone is, I hold most people in a friendly manner and sometimes I am even lucky enough for some people to choose me as a friend. I am then greatly honoured to share that company.

#73: Re: I am Baaack!! Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:12 pm
    ----
ITD...110% correct mate. When someone finishes their formal training, all they have learned is what the book says...nothing about real time experiences.

As you say, the biggest teacher in life is experience. A man or woman who makes no mistakes learns very little...we all learn from our mistakes, as harsh and hard a teacher as they are.

One of the best Infantry Platoon Commanders I ever had the pleasure of working for won instant respect from his Platoon SGT and Squad Commanders on Day 1. He got them all together (I was an attachment) sat them down, put his butt on the ground and said:

"I know nothing, sure I have this piece of paper that says I am a qualified Lieutenant, but I know nothing other than what the books told me. I expect you people to pass on your experience, train me and show me the right way to be a Commander. If I am doing something wrong, let me know. I don't want problems or criticism, I want solutions and help. I will only be as good as you allow me to be. You will have my support and loyalty so long as I earn yours.

This guy went on to be a Battalion Commander...one of the best in fact. He was the product of good mentoring by his subordinates, those with the experience.

There are many professions today that rely wholly and solely on the Universities to train their members and workers, but unfortunately society is now paying the price with people who have lots of theoretical knowledge, but no practical experience. An example of this (out here) is the Nursing profession. In days gone by, they did their training in Hospitals, and at the end of three years they not only had their qualification, they also had three years of experience, hands on training and mentoring from those who went before them. The Training Hospitals are gone, today, they do a three year University course then are let loose on unsuspecting patients.

I believe the best way to learn a job, regardless of what that job may be, is by some sort of an Apprenticeship or Internship . Nothing will ever replace On The Job Training (OJT) and "hands on" for gaining the necessary experience to be good at your chosen profession. This is not to say that book learning is useless, it isn't, it needs to be part of the training, not the lot.

Cheers, Vince

#74: Re: I am Baaack!! Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:22 pm
    ----
Excellent words of wisdom Vince and ITD.

#75: Re: I am Baaack!! Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:48 pm
    ----
inthedark wrote:
To qualify your statement you would have not been baptised in the Christian church. You would not admit that you are sinful just like the rest of us. You would not pray and ask truthfully for forgiveness from God the father, the son and the holy spirit and be repentant for your sins. You would not attend church and partake of communion. Now, if you have done all things then you are covered by the blood of Christ and you will go to heaven. Case Closed!

I was baptized, I can count the number of times I've taken communion in the last decade with my thumbs. And well my view on religion doesn't agree with the various Christian Churches I've been to.

inthedark wrote:
no other books of the Christian Bible other than the Old Testament and the New Testament.

Well I can see your not Catholic, however, I've got issues with the New Testament seeing as the New Testament conflicts with the word of God its supposed to follow from the Old. And the Old clearly states anyone who tries to deviate from the Old, is not one of God.

Which is why I think I am sinful, Priests have told me that multiple times, that I am a very sinful person and that I need to think long and hard and repent for my argument about the New Testament.

Apparently not having blind faith and trying to make sense of the words in the bible, makes you sinful. Very Happy

Dimitri

-> General