Winter Storm coming
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> General

#1: Winter Storm coming Author: glockman55Location: Michigan PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:26 am
    ----
Come on, how many more do we have to go through before Summer?
I for one am getting real tired of Winter. Mad
Propane is at it's highest $$ ( of course) and my tank is low...need warm weather!!!

#2: Re: Winter Storm coming Author: moose2Location: North Idaho PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:39 am
    ----
I hope it misses us. I've had enough of winter. Sad

#3: Re: Winter Storm coming Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:17 am
    ----
Glocal Warming ruined everything. And, it's Bush's fault.

Been a chilly past seveal years here. Try telling that to the tree-huggers though....

#4: Re: Winter Storm coming Author: moose2Location: North Idaho PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:58 am
    ----
My wife got off early from work today. Its nine miles from town to our place. She finally made it to the driveway before she got totally stuck in the snow. Everything for a hundred mile radius is now shutdown. Hope we don't have any sort of emergencies. There's no way to really respond right now and probably for a couple of days. This winter has really sucked.

#5: Re: Winter Storm coming Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:04 pm
    ----
Give her a hug, letter know yer glad she made it.

Sounds like a brutal commute.

All I gotta negotiate is my way through the nuts and fruitcakes on my commute. If there was EVER a snow fall here?

Fugettaboutit.

#6: Re: Winter Storm coming Author: glockman55Location: Michigan PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:11 pm
    ----
moose2 wrote:
My wife got off early from work today. Its nine miles from town to our place. She finally made it to the driveway before she got totally stuck in the snow. Everything for a hundred mile radius is now shutdown. Hope we don't have any sort of emergencies. There's no way to really respond right now and probably for a couple of days. This winter has really sucked.

Can't wait til it hits us.. Sad

#7: Re: Winter Storm coming Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:17 pm
    ----
Got another one coming in here tomorrow thru Friday so...that means it'l see ya'll back eastwards in a few days maybe likely, hope not.

Prolly wont be near as bad as this last one Sunday. A whole day + of brutal 30-50mph winds and rain.

Stock up guys and gals.

#8: Re: Winter Storm coming Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:14 pm
    ----
I am glad that today we get a break from the rain.
Some part of south NSW is proclaimed as disaster area due to the flooding.
I guess I am glad that there is no snow here, just the wet stuff pelting down.

You guys keep warm!

#9: Re: Winter Storm coming Author: glockman55Location: Michigan PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:28 pm
    ----
gelandangan wrote:
I am glad that today we get a break from the rain.
Some part of south NSW is proclaimed as disaster area due to the flooding.
I guess I am glad that there is no snow here, just the wet stuff pelting down.

You guys keep warm!

We will...kinda use to it..The freezing rain worries me a little, my kids and wife have to drive in this crap in the AM...right when it's suppose to be at its worst..

#10: Re: Winter Storm coming Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:33 pm
    ----
Rivers are flooding and we're supposed to get up to 15" on top of the freezing rain. I think I'm going to pilot the remote from my EZ chair.

#11: Re: Winter Storm coming Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:53 pm
    ----
I got nothing to complain about, it was 54* here today and I mowed my lawn after work too. The second time this season. It'll rain tomorrow and up till Sunday but not as stormy as it was anyway.
Stovie you've been gettin the same weather system as I have, we had up to 58mph winds a week ago and trees falling, limbs everywhere, mud slides, it was nasty. This next one hits you then slides up the coast to Or. and warms us up a bit (rain, but warmer anyway).

Suz

#12: Re: Winter Storm coming Author: moose2Location: North Idaho PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:23 pm
    ----
Suzanne wrote:
I got nothing to complain about, it was 54* here today and I mowed my lawn after work too. The second time this season. It'll rain tomorrow and up till Sunday but not as stormy as it was anyway.
Stovie you've been gettin the same weather system as I have, we had up to 58mph winds a week ago and trees falling, limbs everywhere, mud slides, it was nasty. This next one hits you then slides up the coast to Or. and warms us up a bit (rain, but warmer anyway).

Suz

I can't wait to mow my lawn. Its still under two feet on snow yet though.
Enjoy the green. Very Happy

#13: Re: Winter Storm coming Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:30 am
    ----
Its supposed to get to 82 F here today...

#14: Re: Winter Storm coming Author: SingleShotLoverLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:08 am
    ----
moose2 wrote:
I can't wait to mow my lawn. Its still under two feet on snow yet though. Enjoy the green. Very Happy

Maybe a snowblower mounted to the front of your mower? I don't want to see any more snow, but sure do hate the idea of mowing every week too. Guess we're never happy.

#15: Re: Winter Storm coming Author: glockman55Location: Michigan PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:48 am
    ----
WE didn't get it too bad...maybe 5" so far, it's not over til 5:00 pm..it's now 8:50 am.. got a little ice, you can see on my power lines..

going from golfing last Friday to this.. Mad

-> General