Did you bring MRE or pack your lunch?
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> Spam-O-Rama

#16: Re: Did you bring MRE or pack your lunch? Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:25 pm
    ----
TRBLESHTR thats a hoot thanks for the chuckle

#17: Re: Did you bring MRE or pack your lunch? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:03 pm
    ----
I'm with Elvis. That is neat...

#18: Re: Did you bring MRE or pack your lunch? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:36 pm
    ----
Bushy wrote:
Yup...I DO rough it when I go to hunting camp.

I agree with you Bushy...as I said above somewhere...anybody or mug can be uncomfortable.

Cheers, Vince

#19: Re: Did you bring MRE or pack your lunch? Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:28 pm
    ----
I must be a bit spoiled...... almost all of my hunts are centered out of my home. So all I have to do is make sure the grocery shopping is done before the hunt. If mama is working or with me and doesn't have supper ready we rough it and call for a pizza. A lot of the time we make a ginormous pot of chili to have on hand. Of course we end up making a few stops to see friends on the way from the woods to home and there is always adult beverages to go along with the stories. I like to sleep in my nice snug bed.

#20: Re: Did you bring MRE or pack your lunch? Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:33 pm
    ----
Age has it's privileges! (so to speak) Like pill taking, getting the mail, payin the bills, camping at home. I've been out there plenty of times hunting and stayin the night in the desert, which is probably easier than stayin the night out here, but it's a lot of work. I don't have the camping hunting buddies I used to have so I take the hunt one day at a time, on my own time and it's sweet that way too. I miss the camp fire and the camp cooking but the warm dry house to retreat to is pure luxury.

Suz

#21: Re: Did you bring MRE or pack your lunch? Author: CrackshotLocation: Mich PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:56 am
    ----
When I was young, My Father and uncles went on a "salt and pepper" hunt in the UP, called as such because they only take salt and pepper, figured on shooting what they needed to eat... Needless to say, they came home almost starved (or so the story goes) Sad . so we ALWAYS take food with us now. Very Happy
MRE's or stuff packed by wives and mothers.

#22: Re: Did you bring MRE or pack your lunch? Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:44 pm
    ----
I see that TWO of you exists on Diesel- Unleaded mixture Very Happy
So how you use this nourishment? sculling them like gatorade?
Frozen popsicles?

--------------------

WHenever I go hunting with my girls (wife & daughters) we get to eat good,
SWMBO packs the whole kitchen in the car.

OTOH, going with the boys, well.. there the problems lies..

I also loves my comfort, so no shoot and cook (salt and pepper) hunts for me.

#23: Re: Did you bring MRE or pack your lunch? Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:01 pm
    ----
TRBLSHTR wrote:
Sometimes we even have gourmet seafood brought in from the coast

Very creative TRBLSHTR! I see you and your hunting companions eat well.

#24: Re: Did you bring MRE or pack your lunch? Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:28 am
    ----
Well, the last time I went hunting and all the times before that I pack in my food. We drive to the trail head and then walk. There is no cabin and the only refrigerator is a hole in the ground, a stream or a pack hanging on a line. My brother tells me that you hunt better when you are hungry... it seems to work. Comfort was never high on my hunting list.

Fast forward to now - six years later - and my back would not tolerate the walk much less sleeping in a bag on the ground so I don't know how I would hunt now. I could fire the first shot from either of my '06s or my 358 Win. but I wouldn't get far after firing. I think I am going to have to find a new way to hunt because I do miss it - and the meat!

#25: Re: Did you bring MRE or pack your lunch? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:46 am
    ----
Get yourself a nice quiet 4 stroke quad Paul. Have a small trailer fitted to carry your tent etc and meat on the return. Set up camp, unhitch the trailer then you have a means of getting around. Just means you would be restricted to areas that have access tracks.

Can't sorta help much with the rifle problems...I'm assuming that you have a physical problem that precludes too much shooting from a heavy calibre. But then again mate...with some luck you would only need one shot.

Cheers, Vince

#26: Re: Did you bring MRE or pack your lunch? Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:53 am
    ----
I am putting together some "light" loads for my big guns and thinking about lead bullets too but if i do that I will try them paper patched cause my '06s don't like lead at all. I have time and I am improving but it is a slow process and the nerve damage in my neck started to afect my right arm and hand. Some meds took care of that this time but my doctor has raised the "surgery" topic which I will fight for as long as I can. That step is irreversable!

I keep saying that I am going to get back to where I was before the accident - and i will!

#27: Re: Did you bring MRE or pack your lunch? Author: TRBLSHTRLocation: Lower 48's-left coast(near portlandia) PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:39 pm
    ----
Shocked Hi Paul-sorry to hear of your physical dilemma,I had one similar a few years back-somewhere around C5/C6.I was a bit younger then but the symptoms sound very similar to yours.I decided that I did'nt want to be a one armed electrician and had the surgery done.It was like somebody had turned on a light switch.Difference was night and day.The more time you take-(unless you found a good naturopath)is going to cause you more nerve trauma-maybe irreversable.Not trying to scare ya but I've BTDT!And stay away from auto accidents with head-ons or rear enders too (ask me how I know that) after the surgery.My last latest greatest physical wreck was a rotor cuff tear-has taken four + years to get back to almost normal use.Gettin old is a B!TCH!

#28: Re: Did you bring MRE or pack your lunch? Author: TRBLSHTRLocation: Lower 48's-left coast(near portlandia) PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:50 pm
    ----
slimjim wrote:
TRBLSHTR wrote:
Sometimes we even have gourmet seafood brought in from the coast

Very creative TRBLSHTR! I see you and your hunting companions eat well.
I actually pulled that up from an email sent to me-we have our redneck rondevous at the cabin during the hunting seasons,Pots of stew,chili,pork-n-beans,fry or barbecue everything else,bacon grease is almost a staple,cause if ya bring canola or god forbid olive oil-ya might be called ghey!And various kinds of alcohol laden spirits go with EVERY meal!BTW very few women ever come to these events,and none come twice!I guess it's a little too rustic for their tastes!

#29: Re: Did you bring MRE or pack your lunch? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:46 pm
    ----
What? Rustic? Squatting behind a tree?

#30: Re: Did you bring MRE or pack your lunch? Author: TRBLSHTRLocation: Lower 48's-left coast(near portlandia) PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:52 pm
    ----
Laughing Yea that and somebody passin them the toilet paper-sometimes they get kinda thin skinned about that!( can't understand why)? Laughing

-> Spam-O-Rama