BRRrrrrr
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  :| |:
-> General

#31: Re: BRRrrrrr Author: shrpshtrjoeLocation: Maryland PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:13 pm
    ----
Ominivision1 wrote:
Get ahold of Al Gore, he'll help you shovel out that global warming!!
Al shovels a lot of something

#32: Re: BRRrrrrr Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:17 pm
    ----
Ominivision1 wrote:
Get ahold of Al Gore, he'll help you shovel out that global warming!!

OV1, your behind the times. Its now referred to as "Climate Change" Since the earth is in a cooling cycle now, they are covered anyway the weather turns.

#33: Re: BRRrrrrr Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:16 pm
    ----
DawgDad !! Thanks for the snow picture!
Not gettin any here...don't want any either. We actually had a high of 62* and low 32* today. Won't be any more warm days this week tho. It was like spring....had to work. Now we're goin back to rain and at least some moderate weather temps.

Keep yer hot chocolate hot!! More pictures please!

Suz

#34: Re: BRRrrrrr Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:15 pm
    ----
slimjim wrote:
PaulS wrote:
I did once forget that I had loaded my gun when I was interupted in dry-fire practice...

Hopefully you were outside and still controlling the muzzle!

Slim,
I was in my basement... and had to patch the concrete. My control was great - right smack in the X! I just stood there not comprehending how it happened - finally came to when the wife called down stairs with, "You alright?". Uhmmm NO!.... I just shot a 357 mag into the foundation!
(the ex was never sober for any longer than it took to get the next dose, prescription or bottle)
It never happened again and I started saying out loud, "Going loaded" when rounds were placed back into the guns after anyone handled them. I caught my son saying it after he showed me his new 380 and just thought - he won't have to learn that lesson.

#35: Re: BRRrrrrr Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:23 am
    ----
DawgDad wrote:
Stuck in New Jersey! three flights cancelled already!

Have a mate who lives on Long Island down around Bellmore way...he said they got about 15" of snow last night.

"more snow for Fri into sat and then Tues into wed big one again notice the snow is level with the car doors"

Still stinking hot here...34*C yesterday, bit cooler today, about 31*C.

Cheers, Vince

#36: Re: BRRrrrrr Author: shrpshtrjoeLocation: Maryland PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:24 am
    ----
We got about 12 inchs total wed and wed night. It's the first big storm this year for my area..

#37: Re: BRRrrrrr Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:29 am
    ----
My daughter moved to Boston last summer and is getting a taste of a good old fashion winter. She called me Tuesday. The city fines you if you haven't moved you car within 48 hours. She said "Dad, I haven't even dug my car out yet from this last storm and they are predicting another one tomorrow".

Its going to be a beautiful 73 degrees here in TX today. I'm loading up the car right now for a trip to the range for some recoil therapy!

#38: Re: BRRrrrrr Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:07 am
    ----
There is a word for people like you, slimjim. Very Happy I'm just not allowed to say it here. Laughing

#39: Re: BRRrrrrr Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:15 am
    ----
Does the word have anything to do with one's parents not being married Bushy? Very Happy Laughing

Cheers, Vince

#40: Re: BRRrrrrr Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:58 am
    ----
I'm NOT saying!!

#41: Re: BRRrrrrr Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:04 pm
    ----
Range time was great!!! Buddy just called and asked me to play golf tomorrow!! Wave

#42: Re: BRRrrrrr Author: TremblayLocation: Malta, Montana PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:57 pm
    ----
It is a fishing tournament tommorrow, pays around $1000 for first place in walleye northern and perch. Hope they are willing !!

#43: Re: BRRrrrrr Author: 44martyLocation: Cheshire, MA; USA PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:17 pm
    ----
Good luck, Tremblay !!! Those walleye are the tastiest fish on earth, so you win even if you don't get any prize money. MMMmmmm - venison steaks, walleye, eggs and home fries. A breakfast fit for the Gods.

#44: Re: BRRrrrrr Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:30 pm
    ----
What is a walleye Marty...no bother...you've won me mate. Sounds like the BBQ to die for...with a couple of beers of course.

Cheers, Vince

#45: Re: BRRrrrrr Author: TremblayLocation: Malta, Montana PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:02 pm
    ----
44marty wrote:
Good luck, Tremblay !!! Those walleye are the tastiest fish on earth, so you win even if you don't get any prize money. MMMmmmm - venison steaks, walleye, eggs and home fries. A breakfast fit for the Gods.

your rite besttes, just had eggs bocon and toast and a cup of coffee for supper. Very Happy

And thanks marty

-> General