The story of the Star Spangled Banner
-> General

#1: The story of the Star Spangled Banner Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:56 pm
    ----
www.youtube.com/watch_...&vq=medium

Salut! Flag

Never have I know the story behind the song.
I am truly touched.

#2: Re: The story of the Star Spangled Banner Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:38 pm
    ----
A great yarn Gelan. Its very interesting to hear how some songs/anthems came to be. Just think...we nearly ended up with Waltzing Matilda. How would they explain that one. Laughing

Cheers, Vince

#3: Re: The story of the Star Spangled Banner Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:54 pm
    ----
That ought to be mandatory in every school in the US. So many forget our history. Thanks Gelan for sharing that!

#4: Re: The story of the Star Spangled Banner Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:41 pm
    ----
Yeah Gelan that was well done. I always have admired the flag. Bein from a bit of military background it tends to give you a certain pride in the flag too. Oh yeah they murdered lots of Indians to get what they wanted, but that was another time, can't forgive, but the America I live in is not that way now. They're gettin smart and learnin from the Natives.

Suz

P.S. I have to add to that cause it really cracks me up....I'll start a new thread...

#5: Re: The story of the Star Spangled Banner Author: ROADJOCKYLocation: SOUTHERN-OHIO PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:20 pm
    ----
Thanks Gelan that was great!! Razz [b]

#6: Re: The story of the Star Spangled Banner Author: ROADJOCKYLocation: SOUTHERN-OHIO PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:21 pm
    ----
Thanks Gelan that was great!! Razz [b]

#7: Re: The story of the Star Spangled Banner Author: cbsweeneyLocation: New York PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:41 am
    ----
Thank You Gelandangan!
Certainly a proud moment in our history. I wonder what these brave men would think if they could see thier country today...

-> General