Remington 700 Youth
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#1: Remington 700 Youth Author: tlo7mmLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:49 pm
    ----
Anyone have an openion on the Rem 700 Youth? I found one yesterday for $379 and I am thinking of getting it for my daughter. Being that I am not a remington fan I would like to get others openions on it.

#2: Re: Remington 700 Youth Author: roklokLocation: Fairbanks, Alaska PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:14 pm
    ----
Well, I am a Remington 700 fan, so of course my opinion may be a bit skewed. Mine have all been great, but my newest 700 was made in 1997. I have heard that lately some of the 700s have had issues, and that Remingtons quality control may be lacking.

I would say go for it, AFTER looking it over closely for defects. Take a bore light and closely examine the bore and chamber, I have heard of a few with burrs in the chamber. Check to see if the trigger is centered in the triggerguard, not off to one side. Check to see if the scope mounting holes appear to be centered on the top of the receiver.

That sounds like a good price, it is hard to find just a 700 action these days for that kind of money.

#3: Re: Remington 700 Youth Author: fnuserLocation: S.W. Missouri, U.S.A. PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:13 pm
    ----
i am not a remington fan but would be for 379

#4: Re: Remington 700 Youth Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:04 pm
    ----
man for that money GO FOR IT
If its good thats great if notso good spend a few bucks at the gunsmiths and it will be supergood. and the price will still be super.

#5: Re: Remington 700 Youth Author: tlo7mmLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:47 pm
    ----
Thanks for the info, I was actually pretty impressed with the gun myself. I think it will be a great little gun, never have liked the feel of a remington action being ran and its not as nice as my Ruger but the price is right and I think that it will be an over the top beginners gun for my daughter. I think my wife would like to so she may even hunt with it some.

#6: Re: Remington 700 Youth Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:35 pm
    ----
when I started to look at the smoothness of my bolt actions I nearly drove my wife mad. sitting in front of telly at night constantly working the bolt. worked a treat they are both smooth az now.

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions