Tikka T3 Questions
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#16: Re: Tikka T3 Questions Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:20 pm
    ----
Thanks to everyone for their input !!!

roklok, I'll be sure to take a close look at what you've described.............maybe !!!

Kinda looks like this guy might be having second thoughts on selling.....he never called like he said he would.
I really don't need a second 08 or another deer rifle but from what I've been hearing about these guns I really wanted to give one a try. The price on this one was reasonable enough that I wouldn't of lost anything if I decided to get rid of it right away. Might have even made a couple of bucks on it.

#17: Re: Tikka T3 Questions Author: 44martyLocation: Cheshire, MA; USA PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:26 am
    ----
tikkat3 wrote:
I'm with you Slimjim,
"The best bolt action rifle ever produced" bar none.
I might be a bit biased .

Now if your handle was "weatherbyfan" instead of "tikkat3" . . .

Rolling Eyes

#18: Re: Tikka T3 Questions Author: ppodpearson PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:21 am
    ----
I had a problem with my T-3 Lite not firing when beading down on on an elk a few years ago. My problem was getting the safety into the fire position. The bolt handle had lifted a bit from my carry position and caused the pin that goes into the bolt when the safety is on to bind in the hole, not allowing the safety to go into the fire position. Found the spot that caused the bind, removed a little burr, buffed a bit, no more problem.

Sure was a pretty, and big, bull elk, and only about 70 yards. The plus side to the story is I was hunting alone, was a long way from my truck, and the country was rough, weather was rainy, and my body is a lot older than it used to be. It was still a thrill seeing him.

As far as the T-3 in general, I like mine (30-06). I've had it for 4 years. It's light, not pretty, but sure shoots good no matter what I put in it. I don't worry about scratching it. It's a great hunting tool. My only complaint would be that the clip limits the length of my reloads a bit, but my targets show it's really not a problem.
Dave

#19: Re: Tikka T3 Questions Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:07 am
    ----
Thanks for the added info ppod............please feel free to post a little more often !!!

#20: Re: Tikka T3 Questions Author: MaqwaLocation: North Bay Ont. Canada PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:31 pm
    ----
[quote="ppodpearson"]I had a problem with my T-3 Lite not firing when beading down on on an elk a few years ago. My problem was getting the safety into the fire position. The bolt handle had lifted a bit from my carry position and caused the pin that goes into the bolt when the safety is on to bind in the hole, not allowing the safety to go into the fire position. Found the spot that caused the bind, removed a little burr, buffed a bit, no more problem.

This must be something new . The 3006 and the 338 F being just uder three years old here at our house are as smooth as a baby's behind.
Are your guns new , and have you contacted Tikka regarding this ?

Keep us posted

#21: Re: Tikka T3 Questions Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:54 pm
    ----
Maqwa" you may have caught it by now but you have to leave the [/quote] on the end when you delete someone's text or the formatting function won't make it a quote.

#22: Re: Tikka T3 Questions Author: MaqwaLocation: North Bay Ont. Canada PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:43 am
    ----
slimjim wrote:
Maqwa" you may have caught it by now but you have to leave the
on the end when you delete someone's text or the formatting function won't make it a quote.[/quote]

Yes my bad .

I hope some one will answer the question on the tikka .

Our guns are like adding ice cream to warm apple pie . That good.
So now if there is somethin' going on I would like to know, since we might want to buy another .

#23: Re: Tikka T3 Questions Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:00 am
    ----
Maqwa wrote:
I hope some one will answer the question on the tikka

My Tikka T3 light is coming up on 2 years old. I have not had similar issues with the safety. I had an older Remington and was used to this feature.

My Tikka bolt does not move at all with the safety on. I'm wondering if a health dose of force to try an open the bolt when the safety is on could be causing this problem. A web search did not find any other results than this forum. I'll look at the pin actuated by the safety when I get back home this weekend.

#24: Re: Tikka T3 Questions Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:09 pm
    ----
Here is a picture of the pin that comes up to lock the bolt and disable the firing pin when the safety is engaged. That pin is pretty stout. I doubt I could apply enough force to cause that pin to deform in any way.

#25: Re: Tikka T3 Questions Author: tikkat3 PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:29 pm
    ----
Don't know Maqwa as I've never used it.

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions