PointBlank on a mac
-> PointBlank Software

#1: PointBlank on a mac Author: RayD PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:39 am
    ----
Joined a few weeks ago, downloaded the ballistics program at least twice..
i have windows running on my mac using parallels software and it doesn't like the program, won't launch, says there are components missing.
Has anyone been successful running this on a mac, perhaps via bootcamp ?

If it is not possible, I understand, we are in the minority.....

with thanks
Ray

#2: Re: PointBlank on a mac Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:59 am
    ----
I have the program installed on a mac-book pro running bootcamp with winxp and haven't had a problem. Never tried it with parallels program.

If you have a linux box, it also runs under wine.

#3: Re: PointBlank on a mac Author: OBOneLocation: Near Pensacola, Fl. PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:46 am
    ----
I have it running on a Mac Mini, under Parallels and Windoze 7. It runs OK. I haven't gotten very far into it as I would like to use some of the old database but can't figure how to get it over into the PB program. Other than that it looks like one fine piece of software. My hats off to the designer.
OB

#4: Re: PointBlank on a mac Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:04 am
    ----
OBOne wrote:
I have it running on a Mac Mini, under Parallels and Windoze 7. It runs OK. I haven't gotten very far into it as I would like to use some of the old database but can't figure how to get it over into the PB program. Other than that it looks like one fine piece of software. My hats off to the designer.
OB

Dallan pointed this out in another post, the file your looking for is database.xml, copy this file to your other machines as needed.

#5: Re: PointBlank on a mac Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:10 am
    ----
OBOne wrote:
OB

Under the Misc tab there is an option to import the old database. Unfortunately, its a fairly interactive process due to how poorly the old database was organized.

-DallanC

#6: Re: PointBlank on a mac Author: RayD PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:05 pm
    ----
Thanks, I'll delve deeper.
ray

#7: Re: PointBlank on a mac Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:03 pm
    ----
Just downloaded a trial (30 day) version of Paraellels version 6 from their website and have no issue at all running point blank software.

#8: Re: PointBlank on a mac Author: RayD PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:43 pm
    ----
Ominivision1 wrote:
Just downloaded a trial (30 day) version of Paraellels version 6 from their website and have no issue at all running point blank software.

Thanks I'll get onto that
Ray

-> PointBlank Software