Minute of Angle - All you need to know.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#31: Re: Minute of Angle - All you need to know. Author: DawgdadLocation: On the Prairie PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:42 pm
    ----
I always check out a new scope by shooting the square after mounting. I have found some scopes to be rectangular - elevation moves more than windage, if I did not get the cross hairs plumb it is out of square and leans to one side.
The Mueller sport dot that is on my WOA flat top is one of the best I have seen for doing repeatable clicks. Nikon buck master and Bushnell 3200 are pretty good too. Simmons and Tasco... you get what you pay for.

#32: Re: Minute of Angle - All you need to know. Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:18 pm
    ----
Slimjim I bought a 3x9x50 vxii leopold 2nd hand and couldnt get it to move verticaly. I took it home and made a BIG adjustment and waalah it came right!!! now it moves as asked I guess it was just havin a nana nap after sitting in the cupboard for so long.

#33: Re: Minute of Angle - All you need to know. Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:03 am
    ----
Elvis wrote:
couldn't get it to move vertically. I took it home and made a BIG adjustment and waalah it came right!!!

I usually find that recoil is enough to set it free but it may take what you describe. The question is do I do that before hunting season or after? I may take a rubber mallet with me to the range on Friday and make sure that windage is in its natural state of rest.

#34: Re: Minute of Angle - All you need to know. Author: tcknightLocation: Arkansas PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:18 pm
    ----
Well, when my scope will not adjust, I too take a hammer to it. Usually a sledge hammer or something like that. I DO remove it from the rifle first however. But hey, that's just me. Very Happy

However, like Dawgdad suggested, once I started spending more on scopes than I would on a popcorn and a movie, I didn't have that problem any more.

Sure is nice not to have to tote a 5 lb sledge around to the range.

#35: Re: Minute of Angle - All you need to know. Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:10 pm
    ----
slim do it before so you know its right when that big buck or that tasty venisn leaps out in front of you. nothing worse than being unsure.

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions